“Quality Hotel with professional staff”

Mill Restaurant at La Mon Hotel
Ranked #311 of 1,096 Restaurants in Belfast
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed December 22, 2013

Visited the La Mon, on Saturday evening as part of a works christmas dinner. We were Greeted upon arrival and proceeded into the cosy bar area for pre drinks before being called to enter the function room. Fayre was enjoyable, and of a standard you would expect in such a Hotel, the function staff were brilliant throughout. At thrity pounds for dinner and entertainment, its great value.
The layout is so large, i did get lost a few times, the complex just seems to go on for ever...
The entertainment was a warm up DJ and Elvis who put on a great show. At the end of the evening, Our taxi did not turn up, but the door man (pete) allowed us to stay inside, and out of the cold in reception where they organised taxis to get us home. Thanks for all your efforts La Mon, with service like this, we will definately be back.

Reviewed December 5, 2013

dined here on the 3rd of December with my husband, when we arrived we where greeted at the door by a smiling waiter, soft music and romantic candlelight. For a while this one guy was taking care of the whole restaurant by himself until another waitress arrived. Service was the best I have ever experienced (me and my husband have been in alot of top end restaurants) ant the atmosphere (even though the restaurant was not busy) was beautiful, although I can't remember the names of the 2 restaurant staff I would like to thank them, la Mon have chosen there staff very well

Reviewed November 24, 2013

Awful place! My family went here today primarily for a sunday carvery. We phoned to book a table and were told the restaurant was fully booked but we could eat in the Bistro and did not have to reserve. When we arrived all the tables had been reserved in the Bistro and when a couple of tables did become free we had to move them ourselves (heavily pregnant woman, an 80 year old and a 60 year old). We then waited 20 minutes for a high chair followed by a further 10 mins to get menus (after requesting them several times) and did not bring a children's menu. The adults food arrived and my toddler's food arrived ten mins after we had our meals served. The waitress spilt soup on a girl the table next to us and it hit myself and my toddler in the face (no apology) . The main meal was okay although lacking in "trimmings" for a roast dinner. When it came to ordering desserts I asked the waiter a question about a dessert (due to a food allergy) and he replied "I am the wrong person to ask" and just looked at me. I told him to go and find the right person to ask. We had tea and coffee after and the tea cups and spoons were dirty and they forgot to bring the milk for the tea. Complete shambles. The highlight of the day was the free entertainment for the children which compromised of a bouncy castle, under a large glass chandelier which kept smashing glass onto the bouncy castle and surrounding areas. The staff/management weren't bothered or concerned when i told them i found glass in my two year olds mouth and discovered it was all over the bouncy castle. Well done La Mon, well done...

1  Thank CharleneW121
Reviewed November 21, 2013 via mobile

I have just returned from a stay at the La Mon, this was for work, I stay all over the UK and recommend this hotel for work or holidays. The room was fantastic, comfortable, and clean, the bed was massive I have never slept so well staying away from home (female on my own). The food, now I can not say enough or put into words how good this was, from eating in the bar area to the restaurant, value, quality, presentation, taste and choice is the best I've had out of all the hotels I've stayed in over the UK and Eire. The staff were so attentive, polite, friendly and made you feel like someone they had known for years.
The reception staff were so welcoming and very helpful, I also used the swimming pool and steam room, they got me a dressing gown so I could walk back to my room and shower there.
Bar staff were also very attentive and David look after my drinks as I sat in front of a warm open fire.
Can't wait to return in January 14. June Woodward stayed 18th November for 3 night.

Reviewed October 29, 2013

Ate here on a Saturday night in the bistro and was very impressed. Food was very nice with a good choice and was well priced. Would definitely go again.

1  Thank GlobalTraveller063