“Amazing”

Mill Restaurant at La Mon Hotel
Ranked #244 of 1,044 Restaurants in Belfast
Cuisines: Bar, British
Good for: Large groups, Business meetings, Special occasions, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Wakefield, United Kingdom
“Amazing”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 21, 2013 via mobile

I have just returned from a stay at the La Mon, this was for work, I stay all over the UK and recommend this hotel for work or holidays. The room was fantastic, comfortable, and clean, the bed was massive I have never slept so well staying away from home (female on my own). The food, now I can not say enough or put into words how good this was, from eating in the bar area to the restaurant, value, quality, presentation, taste and choice is the best I've had out of all the hotels I've stayed in over the UK and Eire. The staff were so attentive, polite, friendly and made you feel like someone they had known for years.
The reception staff were so welcoming and very helpful, I also used the swimming pool and steam room, they got me a dressing gown so I could walk back to my room and shower there.
Bar staff were also very attentive and David look after my drinks as I sat in front of a warm open fire.
Can't wait to return in January 14. June Woodward stayed 18th November for 3 night.

• Visited November 2013

West Kirby, United Kingdom
“Excellent meal in bistro”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 29, 2013

Ate here on a Saturday night in the bistro and was very impressed. Food was very nice with a good choice and was well priced. Would definitely go again.

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank GlobalTraveller063
Belfast, United Kingdom
“Just ok”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 27, 2013 via mobile

To start I'd like to say I did have a nice time at La Mon- it just could have been a bit better.

To start my other half booked a deal with B&B and a 2 course meal via phone. He requested a confirmation via email and when he didn't receive one he rang back to request again, again no dice. We did get checked in ok, it just seemed strange not to receive a confirmation email.

Upon arrival the staff were friendly enough and I'm glad we upgraded to the premier room as I saw a standard room on our way to our room and it looked pretty below par to be honest. Also the premier rooms are out in the new wing which meant we weren't disturbed by wedding guests.

Out room was nice, a bit bland and generic to be honest but the bed was really comfy and the bathroom was nice and clean. Unfortunately room service had not provided new soap bottles and ours were all half used which was disappointing. The tea facilities were a bit off as well- enough tea bags and coffee for several cups each but only enough milk for 1 cup each. My real bug bear was that there was no water supplied which meant we had to go to a vending machine in the middle of the night.

We had a gorgeous dinner and the staff were nice but the menu was basically all variations of the same thing- a roast dinner but with either lamb, chicken or beef. There was also a supplement on almost 50% of the options which seemed absolutely ridiculous to me- why not just change the menu?!

The next morning I decided to have a bath but when my other half went to get a shower the water cut out half way through and he had I wait 2-3 minutes before it would start again- again disappointing.

Breakfast in bed was worth the extra £5 each and there was a great selection but we only got half a glass of juice and again not even a jug of water.

La Mon is in gorgeous settings and we did have a good stay- it just wasn't great and to be honest it definitely wasn't worth the money- there wasn't even wifi unless you went to the reception area!!

N Ireland
“Never been dissapointed”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 18, 2013

Ive been to la Mon carvery, and restaurant quite a lot, and have stayed in the hotel several times.
The hotel is very nice, with a lovely swimming pool, gym, nice rooms etc.
We would sometimes go up for the sunday carvery dinner, which is always very good, a wide range of buffet starters, meats and vegetables, and desserts, never fails to dissapoint

• Visited November 2012
Belfast, United Kingdom
“We love La Mon”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 4, 2013

We have had several functions at La Mon and been to the carvery and I have always found the food very good and sometimes excellent. Staff have been helpful and friendly and I like the decoration, rooms and facilities. You could definitely do worse :)

• Visited November 2012