“Excellent food” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Mill Restaurant at La Mon Hotel

Mill Restaurant at La Mon Hotel
Ranked #244 of 1,040 Restaurants in Belfast
Cuisines: Bar, British
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dublin, Ireland
“Excellent food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 10, 2013

Just lovely food. The staff were very good and the rates were very reasonable for the quality of the food and service. I can recommend .

Visited August 2013

Belfast, United Kingdom
“Good hotel but could be so much better”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 2, 2013

Recently stayed for a hen party. Hotel rooms were lovely, very spacious and clean. We were disappointed in the Shakespeare Restaurant and although we were a big group the service was very poor. None of the starters arrived at the same time. We waited so that we could all eat together and were told they were on their way but it took 15 minutes and our food was cold by then. The same happened for our mains and desserts. Food and service is normally fantastic and has been anytime I have previously visited.

• Visited June 2013
Dunfermline, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Lovely hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 23, 2013

Recently stayed for a wedding. Rooms were lovely and the staff were great. My partner used the gym and pool. We were a little surprised that you had to wear a swimming cap and had to hire a used one for £1 but apart from that - couldn't fault the place.

Visited July 2013
Lisburn, United Kingdom
“Disappointing :(”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 21, 2013

Having previously dined in La Mon at a private function and been impressed, my husband and I did not hesitate to recommend the Shakespeare Restaurant for a recent celebration for friends and family. There were 12 in our group and we were shown to a nice round corner table. However we found that although the staff were very pleasant the food was very slow to arrive and I feel of a very poor standard. My starter of squid was quite not very well presented and the flavours just didn't gel. I ordered chicken which was dried up and served with a combination of sauces also dried up. The quantity was small but this would have been ok if the food was of a good standard. I didn't order dessert. Also when I asked for a skimmed Americano I was told they didn't do skimmed- unbelievable! There was a large wedding in the hotel but I don't think this is any excuse. La Mon get a new chef/ kitchen staff! I would not visit again !

• Visited July 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
United Kingdom
“Carvery a must !!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 21, 2013

My review is for the Sunday carvery which has been going for years and is just superb. Nothing much more than excellence can describe this gem.

Visited June 2013