“Disappointed”

Bistro Este
Ranked #70 of 1,114 Restaurants in Belfast
Cuisines: European, Seafood
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Description: We serve modern british cuisine. Fully licensed restaurant. We only use quality local produce cooked fresh to order. Family friendly. Open 6 days a week.
Reviewed May 22, 2013

Good points. Very clean. Cooking books to read while you're waiting, great idea.
Bad Points. £7.20 for a slimmers fry with a filter coffee. Bacon and sausage burnt. No coffee refills. For that money I'd like a refill.
Staff: A man was up at counter, wanted to order lunch to collect at around twelve. It was around eleven. He wanted steak ciabatta without the bread, waitress made a fuss about it, saying 'Now I don't know what to charge you for it, it's not me that's making it.' If I had been the waitress I would've taken off a pound or something for the bread'. Her attitude just wasn't great but they did seem a bit fussy. I was disappointed because I was the only customer in at the time apart from the couple at the counter and my breakfast was still overdone.
I didn't give it one because I don't like to judge on breakfast alone. It could've just been a bad morning.

Reviewed May 19, 2013

Super menu which is just that little bit different. Very much enjoyed the food which was excellent. Service was faultless. Great atmosphere. Highly recommended.

Reviewed May 14, 2013

we went here as there was nowhere else nearby & to be honest it was just ok, there was nothing at all special about it.
our server wasnt the most friendliest & to be fair it was a little busy so maybe her mind was on other things.
our food was just alright, i had the steak ciabatta which was overcooked & fairly dry, would i go back? im not too sure.

Reviewed April 24, 2013

Thought we'd try Bistro Este in spite of the mixed reviews. We went for lunch. The breakfast menu is available until 2PM but we were looking for something healthier. Most of the lunch menu was bread with fancy fillings at around £10 each. My wife had a bagel which was dry and needed a strong jaw to bite through. I tried the daily special which was a ragu. We were not impressed.

We looked at the evening menu. There were some nice dishes but most main courses were in the £17-£19 range which seems a bit much for a coffee shop. Bring your own usually means a cheap night out but they seem to be compensating for the lose of profit on wine with over priced food.

1  Thank davmunster
Reviewed April 11, 2013 via mobile

Went to Bistro Este for the first time today for breakfast. The waitress let us pick were we wanted to sit so we choose a seat upstairs. The interior was clean and bright with some eye catching paintings. My boyfriend and I were hungry and both ordered a fry and I have to say it was one of the best frys I've had in a long time, really tasty without being greasy. The sausages in particular were delicious! We found the girl that served us very friendly too. What topped it off for me was that as we were leaving my boyfriend spotted a collection of cookery books better than his own (no mean feat) which prompted him to ask who they belonged who at which point the chef (and I'm presuming owner) appeared and chatted away to him. Always nice to meet friendly people with a genuine interest in cooking. Looking forward to coming back here to try the evening menu!

2  Thank ChuckyBiscuit