“Excellent, Massive Burrito”

Chalco's Mexican Grill
Ranked #353 of 1,096 Restaurants in Belfast
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: We are a fast Casual restaurant serving Authentic Mexican Food. We are known for huge portions, great service, and good prices. We make everything in house from our salsas, rice, beans, to our succulent Carnitas. We marinate our own meats and cook everything fresh. Come check us out and try some real Mexican Food. Located on the Lisburn Road, next to Ryan's Bar.
Reviewed November 8, 2013 via mobile

My first time at Chalcos and I was told that it was better than the local fuss, Boojum. I ordered a burrito at lunch time and was surprised by the amount of chicken that I got. Overall, the burrito was excellent and was really big for only being £5.50 with a drink. Definitely far better than Boojum and I didnt have to queue out the door!

1  Thank Leigh Alexander R

Reviewed October 20, 2013

I am a regular at this excellent local grill. The food is good and there's plenty of it. The owners are pleasant and always have a quick word of welcome. The slow roasted pulled pork is great as are the range of salsas. The mango salsa being a favourite with my wife.

1  Thank Alexander M
Reviewed October 15, 2013

Saw this on tripadvisor and thought I'd give it a try. Just had a chicken burrito as a take away and Wow it was good! Will definitely be back to try the rest of the menu! Fantastic portion size, good fresh food and tastes fantastic. Blows subway out of the water!

1  Thank shunky
Reviewed September 28, 2013 via mobile

I was gutted when the city centre branch of chalcos closed but i found a rival on my way home in newtownabbey which serviced my burrito cravings for a few more months until it too closed. Gutted that i wouldn't be able to get a decent chicken burrito in belfast ever again (i don't like the quality of the chicken in the "other" burrito place) i accepted this as my fate.

When a colleague told me that chalcos had a branch which was still open on lisburn road I wasn't convinced but, after a bit of difficulty finding the place, my faith was restored and I was not disappointed!

My only complaints are that the portions are much smaller than I remember them being in the city centre and I feel that it is a bit on the dear side (£15 for 2 burritos and a portion of chilli fries). The customer service also leaves a little to be desired with the staff more interested in chatting about their social life and in particular, the girl who was serving me who proceeded to discuss the events of last night with a customer behind me who she obviously knew socially. My final complaint is the way my order was packaged - the chilli fries were placed into the paper bag sideways and by the time i got home (a 20min journey) the chilli juice and grease had leaked out, through the paper bag and all over the seat of my car.

So, i would definitely recommend this place. The burritos are definitely miles better than their competitor (B#@&*m). However, the staff could do with some customer service training.

Reviewed September 16, 2013

Ten years ago people would have laughed if you had suggested going for a Burrito in Belfast, nowdays things have changed with Boojum making them popular in the city.

Chalcos is owned and run by a Mexican family who look after each customer as if a personal friend. The staff are friendly and couldn't look after you any better.

The food it's self is prepared quickly and tastes fantastic, a huge range to choose from as well as specials.

Very much recommended!