“Food superb, service less so”

Chalco's Mexican Grill
Ranked #210 of 1,155 Restaurants in Belfast
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Description: We are a fast Casual restaurant serving Authentic Mexican Food. We are known for huge portions, great service, and good prices. We make everything in house from our salsas, rice, beans, to our succulent Carnitas. We marinate our own meats and cook everything fresh. Come check us out and try some real Mexican Food. Located on the Lisburn Road, next to Ryan's Bar.
Reviewed April 7, 2013

Food totally excellent, no worries there. Honestly can't fault it at all. Will go back as soon as I can.
The service is a tad....cold.
Tried smiling at the two girls behind the counter and got the distinct impression I was interrupting their down time or something even though I was the only person getting served at that time on a Friday afternoon in march (2013).
Is it too much to ask for a bit of warmth and a smile?

1  Thank Foodtravelandme

Reviewed March 29, 2013

Chalco's is simply the best sit down Mexican spot in Belfast. We love other outlets in the city as well - but how can you have too much of a good thing?! (Mexcian food) if you have a group of friends you want to get together with over totally scrumptious food & bring your own alcohol - this is the place. They also do take away - and there is a new branch on royal avenue - don't miss out on this place - it's delicioso :0)

Reviewed March 26, 2013

Have to agree with a previous poster, the service with a smile has definitely disappeared the last handful of times I've been in. This stretchs back to before Christmas. Always seems to be a workers friend hanging about and have felt slightly uncomfortable almost as if I wasn't welcome. Hence why I don't visit as much.

Food is still very tasty though my personal favourite the "el monstruo" or el monster or it's now know is 1 pound dearer and no longer includes a free drink.

Reviewed March 19, 2013

I started eating in Chalcos because my soon to be daughter~in ~law is American~ Mexican.
From day one I was hooked.
The food is so fantastically priced, and always really fresh.
The Jalepeno poppers are so tasty.
I love the salads and the Chilli with Crispy Tacos are fantastic.
Edgar ( the owner ) is always so friendly, and the rest of the staff are lovely.
We had an American relative stay over last summer and every day all he wanted to do was go eat in Chalcos.
It really is the most authentic and the best Mexican Grill in Belfast.
I'm super glad they opened in the city centre now too!

Reviewed March 17, 2013

Hello i took the family to Chalco's on the Lisburn Road to celebrate my sons birthday. I telephoned and booked and all was set. The children did not were they were going and i threw in a red herring, the reason? no preconceived ideas of i don't like that, i want etc etc. We arrived and were greeted with a warm welcome and shown to our table, our waitress was excellent and explained the menu and connected with the picky eaters aka our children. She showed them what was what and built their burrito the way they wanted. All pressure off me and she who MUST be obeyed at all times, Result! Food was excellent and plentiful. A quality evening and row free must be a relief to all parents in the picky eaters dept. On the way home a voice from the rear seat asked when can we go back? So five stars to Chalco's. Thank you