“Best burritos in Belfast!”

Chalco's Mexican Grill
Ranked #375 of 1,047 Restaurants in Belfast
Cuisines: Mexican, Fast Food
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Seating, Takeout
Description: We are a fast Casual restaurant serving Authentic Mexican Food. We are known for huge portions, great service, and good prices. We make everything in house from our salsas, rice, beans, to our succulent Carnitas. We marinate our own meats and cook everything fresh. Come check us out and try some real Mexican Food. Located on the Lisburn Road, next to Ryan's Bar.
Ballymena, United Kingdom
“Best burritos in Belfast!”
Reviewed September 21, 2012

Have been to Boojum approximately 5000 times but saw all the great reviews here for Chalco's and thought we'd give it a go on Culture Night. Absolutely wonderful! A great variety of Mexican on the menu and the portions are massive. Perfectly spiced, not too hot, not too mild and really full of flavor. The staff were lovely and a great buzz about the place. Can't wait to go back. New favorite for Mexican in Belfast!

1 Thank Jake L

• Polish first
Belfast, United Kingdom
“Left it disappointed.”
Reviewed September 9, 2012

Heard many great things about Chalco's and wanted to see if it's that good. Went on a Friday afternoon with my girlfriend and there were some people sitting inside but there was no queue at all which was the first plus point.

I found it quit hard to decide what to get as the main menu board was pretty messy and not organised and for somebody who comes in for the first time, it took me some time to decide what to get. The staff was patient and okay. After choosing a 'Super Deluxe' Burrito and a regular Burrito with Chicken the guy (owner?) asked us if we want something to drink and said we should go to the till. Unlikely to Boojum, I had no choice of choosing what's coming inside of my Super Deluxe.

After a short time of waiting my Burrito arrived on the table. The rice in both Burritos was dry and hard and so was the chicken. The price was pretty good but the quality of the Burrito was not. I can only compare Chalco's to Boojum and we both were disappointed of Chalco's after hearing so many good things about it. Maybe I've expected too much of it after hearing so many good things.

Both not happy, leaving the place saying goodbye to one girl of the staff and walking next to the other girl and the owner and being ignored by them was the cherry on top. If you run a small restaurant as a owner you have to say goodbye to every single customer. Especially if it's almost empty.

I would not recommend it if you want to eat a Burrito. You better go to Boojum even though it's a bit more expensive and you probably have to wait 5-15mins.

In the future I will give Chalco's a second chance, only because I want to try this Mega Burrito with pork or beef to see if I can handle it. Otherwise I would always prefer Boojum's Burrito to Chalco's.

• Visited August 2012
3 Thank DeeWah
“Friday lunchtime burritos are my favourite!”
Reviewed September 1, 2012 via mobile

Go here most Fridays for lunch and really love the food! Favourite choice would have to be a pulled pork burrito! Juicy and delicious! Wasn't such a huge fan of the steak but it was still nice enough & the chicken is really tasty in a quesadilla. Have heard a few people who find the mango salsa isn't to their taste so avoided it as I prefer the spicy stuff anyway! The staff are really lovely, especially Edgar who my brothers and I had a great chat with after our lovely lunch!

I keep coming back again and again so what they're doing is definitely working!

Belfast, United Kingdom
“wasnt for me!”
Reviewed August 29, 2012

Sorry guys didn enjoy it, too much cheese, not enough flavour. will be back again an hope for an improvement cause i have heard good things!

• Visited July 2012
3 Thank MSNPA
Italy
“Hurrrahhh......”
Reviewed August 23, 2012

Write... I am bit late in writing this review.

Today was my third visit to this place and it was awesome as ever.

I have had Mexican food all across the US from East Coast to West Coast and Mexico and this thing is no way behind any of those places. My last best Mexican was in a nondescript village between Vegas and LA and Chalco's puts a smile on my face and bring back those memories again.

Hope it doesn't go downhill like all other eateries once they become successful.

My fav... Super Burritto!! Do make sure you go with a huge appetite.. it's a Gastronomic Orgasm !!!

Visited August 2012