“My favourite Chinese Restaurant in Norrhern Ireland”
Review of Joy Inn Restaurant

Joy Inn Restaurant
Ranked #113 of 1,048 Restaurants in Belfast
Cuisines: Chinese, Asian
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children, Kids, Large groups, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
UK
“My favourite Chinese Restaurant in Norrhern Ireland”
Reviewed August 27, 2012 via mobile

I am a frequent visitor to Belfast and always go to The Joy Inn for lunch or dinner. The best thing to do is to ask the wonderful owner, Benny, to bring a selection of the best dishes (ie forget the menu). You won't be disappointed!

In short: excellent food and excellent service. You must try!

3 Thank JackPudding

Telford, United Kingdom
“Lovely”
Reviewed August 20, 2012

We didn't book a table, we walked in after being in the cinema.
We were greeted by friendly staff. The food choice was excellent. We didn't feel pressured to eat and go, we relaxed and chilled between courses.
Hidden away, was a good find :)

• Visited August 2012
1 Thank Emma W
belfast
“One of the best in Belfast.”
Reviewed August 9, 2012

This is a great chinese restuarant. Me, my wife and 2 year old son have been here a few times and never had a bad meal. The service is great and the owner is a lovely man who is always there to greet you when you arrive and when you are leaving. Great Sunday menu and the food tastes great. One of the Best in Belfast and great value for what you pay.

• Visited August 2012
1 Thank cdforever
Scotland, United Kingdom
“Disappointing”
Reviewed April 30, 2012 via mobile

Monday evening in Belfast might be the explanation but it's not an excuse. The prawn crackers were cold and ever so slightly soft, the lemonade I had was flat, the main course was bland and the rice was overdone. The only thing I enjoyed was the hot and sour soup.

Colleagues based here tell me it's a good place for business lunches so I wouldn't write it off on the basis of my experience, but do enter with caution.

2 Thank CoinneachKnox
Newcastle Upon Tyne
“Lovely food”
Reviewed March 21, 2012

I visited this restaurant with some friends as we were staying in Belfast on St Patrick's Day and wanted an early meal before a night on the tiles.

We were in just after 4 pm and the restaurant was very quiet.

We had aromatic duck to start, which is a great favourite and it was as good as any other restaurant we have had it in. We were also offered more pancakes.

For main course we shared a prawn dish, a chicken dish and beef dish and egg fried rice. The chicken and prawn dishes were very nice and again of a comparable standard to Chinese restaurants on the UK mainland. The beef dish was something I had not had before (I think it was Mongolian Beef) and this was very tasty and I would recommend it.

I can't comment on the wine list as we did not have any, but the service was very prompt and the server was very friendly.

If we return to Belfast, we would try this restaurant again.

• Visited March 2012