“excellent tour”

Taxi Trax
Ranked #7 of 116 Tours in Belfast
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: TaxiTrax is the original Belfast Black Taxi Tours company - operating the OFFICIAL Belfast Taxi Tours. We are the only taxi tour company in Belfast with official taxi bus status and public liability insurance. We have a dedicated passenger terminal with cafe, toilets and baby changing facilities. We accept Euro and Sterling.
Useful Information: Lockers / storage, Bathroom facilities, Food available for purchase, Wheelchair access, Stroller parking
Reviewed December 19, 2012

Excellent tour of the murals, ecellent taxi driver giving such an insight on the history - yes it is a bit oned sided but so was the news we received at the time so it was an eye opener to get the other side and made sense to me of what happened andhow terrible it all was. very courteious taxi driver took so much trouble with us.

3  Thank Rosalind T

Reviewed November 1, 2012

had relatives up from Kerry and decided to do the taxi tour with them. I thought that i knew all about our troubled past but the tour really opened my eyes. My relatives were delighted with the tour and will be recommending the tour to others. Guide was very informative and knew his stuff, excellent all round

3  Thank teresa p
Reviewed November 1, 2012

Recently did the black taxi mural tour & thought it was brilliant. The driver was extremely knowledgeable and informative, and surprisingly unbiased. Would definitely recommend anyone to give it a go!

5  Thank AineShea
Reviewed October 30, 2012

Went on black taxi tour with my wife and two kids (15 and 11) on Sun 30th Sept. We originally booked for Sat 29th, not realising that this was when the large Ulster Agreement marches were on in Belfast (so traffic was likely to be a problem) ! It was no hassle whatsover changing the date at short notice. Our driver was Rab who was very friendly and informative. Despite the weather being poor he took us to all the relevant spots and stop off points, offered to take some photos with his own camera as well. We never felt rushed at any point. We asked if we could go to Milltown cemetery also and again this was no bother (eventhough I am not sure it is usually on the standard tour) Picked up at our hotel on time and dropped back to the door. By the time we got back home that evening the photos he took were already in my inbox. Can't ask for better than that ! Very enjoyable.

4  Thank KPOD_12
Reviewed October 10, 2012

I went on a tour alongwith two friends, who of whom is a Canadian and didn't know much about what had happened during the Troubles. Our guide, Mick, took us around the various murals on the Falls and Shankhill Roads giving us a balanced vesion of what took place and sharing some personal anecdotes. My friends and I all left the tour feeling like we knew Belfast a lot better and
having thoroughly enjoyed ourselves. I highly reccommend this tour to anyone from any background. Don't forget to ask for Big Mick who was an excellent tour guide!

5  Thank Alanna C