“Informative, funny and moving!”
Review of Taxi Trax

Taxi Trax
Ranked #7 of 116 Tours in Belfast
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: TaxiTrax is the original Belfast Black Taxi Tours company - operating the OFFICIAL Belfast Taxi Tours. We are the only taxi tour company in Belfast with official taxi bus status and public liability insurance. We have a dedicated passenger terminal with cafe, toilets and baby changing facilities. We accept Euro and Sterling.
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Food available for purchase, Wheelchair access, Lockers / storage, Stroller parking
Reviewed October 10, 2012

I went on a tour alongwith two friends, who of whom is a Canadian and didn't know much about what had happened during the Troubles. Our guide, Mick, took us around the various murals on the Falls and Shankhill Roads giving us a balanced vesion of what took place and sharing some personal anecdotes. My friends and I all left the tour feeling like we knew Belfast a lot better and
having thoroughly enjoyed ourselves. I highly reccommend this tour to anyone from any background. Don't forget to ask for Big Mick who was an excellent tour guide!

5  Thank Alanna C

Reviewed October 3, 2012

Myself and 3 other flight attendants took the black taxi tour in Sept 2012, and Joe was our guide. It was AMAZING. I say we're flight attendants cause I want people reading this to know that we've traveled around some (lol) and have taken tourist tours in countries around the world. In this case however, we truly were impressed.
We learned things that we wouldn't have otherwise learned if it wasn't for the insight and intellence of Joe, and having him give us a true insiders perspective of Northern Ireland was invaluable.
We were very pleased with our decision to pay for that particular tour, and have recommended it to everyone we talk to about our trip.
As well, I also want to point out that although there are continual 'Troubles' for that area of the country... Joe was smart enough to educate us on the positive and beautiful aspects of the area as well.... and for that I am very impressed - as too many people focus on the negetive for touristy-type shock value.
All in all, honestly... GREAT TOUR!!!!!
Courtney

7  Thank Courtney R
Reviewed October 1, 2012

We had Paddy for our full day Giant's Causeway tour and thoroughly enjoyed his sense of humour and his insight on Northern Ireland and Belfast. I felt this private taxi tour was a better option than a bus tour as it allowed us to have flexibility as to how long we stayed at certain attractions. Also, Paddy was a local so he was able to give us a good understanding of Belfast, the troubles and each of the places we visited along the Antrim Coast.
Our tour covered the Carrick-a-rede Rope Bridge, Giant's Causeway, Bushmills Distillery and Dunluce Castle. We enjoyed all of them and the Antrim coast is stunning.
Overall a great tour. We would recommend!

9  Thank AussieLondon362
Reviewed September 26, 2012

Great experience for locals & tourists alike. Our guide, Kevin, showed great knowledge & patience with my wife & I (even though we were an hour late for our tour!) Getting to see these murals & hear about the struggles is a must-do whilst you are in Belfast, the craic we had with Kevin just added to the whole experience. What you learn over the 2 or 3 hours will keep you talking for the rest of your trip, don't miss out!

6  Thank RedArmy79
Reviewed September 16, 2012

We toured Belfast with Rab this week. We were interested in seeing the murals and learning about the history of the Troubles. The experience was incredible. The murals and the stories were so moving and the stories Rab shared were things we never would have learned any other way. He personalized the tour to our interests and took great care of us. EVERYONE should take this tour! It really gave us a new perspective on the history and present day in Northern Ireland.

5  Thank k4477