“disappointing”

Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed November 3, 2013

We were advised to eat here by our hotel staff, and I note it has mostly good reviews. The food was, on the whole, well served and of a high standard, however we were told the Tandoori was mild, and yet it was too hot for my husband to eat. My starter did not arrive, however it was still added to the bill. I ordered the Prawn Biryani, I was told that there were only large prawns, which I said was fine, I was not told that the dish would therefore cost an extra £5, and I might be mistaken but Biryani usually has a vegetable curry sauce with it, but this was just the rice and prawns which was more like a risotto. We were disappointed that a meal which should have been so enjoyable was not at all.

1  Thank ElaineJS
Write a ReviewReviews (1,323)

Reviewed November 3, 2013

In Belfast and wanted to eat before a show. Did not fancy Chinese so give this place a go. Greeted by Robbie who talked us through the menu and provided us with plates of various sauces to determine our preference. Had starters and main course and the food was fantastic. All staff very attentive and pleasant to speak with. Will be back as this place is too good to miss.

Reviewed October 7, 2013 via mobile

I have visited here twice & must say the food it amazing, some of the best Indian food I've tried. I had butter chicken my first visit & it was beautiful. My fave Indian curry is Madras & when I had it here it was unbearably spicy that I had to send it back which was no problem to the staff, it was still very spicy when it came back but I managed it. I always order Madras in other restaurants but never was it as spicy as this one. The staff are extremely attentive & the service was excellent. The only bad thing is the music, they have a singer at weekends who isn't very good & when he's not singing they play Jamaraquai which is awful! So dated. I would love to go back but maybe during the week when the music isn't as bad

Reviewed September 27, 2013

This restaurant is one place I love to visit at least once a month. The food taste has been consistent over so many years and I just can not stay away from this restaurant for long. I would recommend booking if you are wanting to visit on a weekend night. I usually go there for lunches and have never been disappointed. A must visit if you are in Belfast.

Reviewed September 7, 2013 via mobile

One word. Fantastic.

This place doesn't look much from the outside, but wow. When you walk inside, brilliant atmosphere.

The food...perfect. The BEST Indian I have ever tasted.

The service... Absolutely spot on. There when needed...but not mithered.

Thank you for making my 30th birthday the best it could be

We will return and definitely highly recommend it!

1  Thank MrKev83