“Yum yum lovely grub!!”

Safa
Ranked #16 of 1,055 Restaurants in Belfast
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Contemporary Indian cuisine, located on bank street in the heart of Belfast City centre. At Safa we offer authentic Indian recipes and traditional style of cooking. Ali takes great pride in cooking to order and grinding all his own spices so it really is the closest to Indian home cooking you can get. We also have a full bar and incredible wine list.
Belfast, United Kingdom
“Yum yum lovely grub!!”
Reviewed April 19, 2013

Went for lunch today withmy partner and it was fabulous. The food was delicious...I had Lamb Rogan Josh and asked for it spicey, when it came it was the best RJ I've ever had. Portions were more than adequate and the service excellent. We will be back soon!

• Polish first
“Sublime”
Reviewed April 15, 2013

Went to safa after hard dayof shoping

We where welcome and seated got our drink in good time

Manu stright and simple and has all

You need in a good indian restaurant

Our starter was very nice and fresh
Our mains was just as nice our mains included rice we really enjoyed our visit service was great restaurent is very nice

We will get back to safa soon with few friends

We would recommend the place

“amazing food”
Reviewed April 15, 2013

my son took me to safa for a meal to cheer me up..

..i must say it did cheer me up. the staff wer very pleasant and helpful.

we wer seated within the matter of minutes.
the atmosphere was beautiful the decor was beautiful.
we placed our order,the waiter in charge of us was very pleasant made sure we were comfortable and had everyting we required.

wen the food was served it was piping hot and tasted delicious. the choices of wines and spirits was also very good.i myself got a bottle if wine which was beautiful.

i wud highly recomend safa to anyone who is a lover of indian cuisine. the prices are very resonable and the food is amazing. i will b going back again.

Belfast, Northern Ireland, United Kingdom
“Top class dining”
Reviewed April 13, 2013

I eat here last week with my partner and child. I can honestly say it was one of the best dining experiences i have ever had.

The food was of the highest quality and at very reasonable rates and the staff were just superb.
They took the time to talk to the child when they had a second. They were very well mannered and the service was very quick.

Would highly recommend if you want proper Indian cuisine and a truly enjoyable meal.

Belfast
“Was good, not amazing”
Reviewed April 11, 2013

I picked this restaurant for my partners birthday. Steep stairs to get into the restaurnat which is on the top floor (no lift). As soon as you open the door there are tables where people are eatting, a bit awkward when waiting to be seated. The tables are a bit close together and i didnt feel a relaxed atmosphere, It was a Friday night we went and although there were a few people in the restaurant it was very quiet. It seemed like the whole restaurant could hear your conversation.

At the time of booking online it asked if it was for a special occassion, i said yes, it was my partners birthday. But it wasn't acknowledged. Dont see the point in asking in the first place.

The staff were friendly and attenive.

We had 1 starter, 2 mains (Which came with rice already) 2 nanns, 1 beer and 1 small glass of wine. The bill was approx £48, The food was nice, not the best indian i have had.

The location is in the center of town but suitated at a bottom of an alleyway. It is within walking distance to bars.

Overall experience was ok, wouldnt say awful but would say amazing either.

• Visited March 2013