“Lunch at Safa”

Safa
Ranked #25 of 1,135 Restaurants in Belfast
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Contemporary Indian cuisine, located on bank street in the heart of Belfast City centre. At Safa we offer authentic Indian recipes and traditional style of cooking. Ali takes great pride in cooking to order and grinding all his own spices so it really is the closest to Indian home cooking you can get. We also have a full bar and incredible wine list.
Reviewed March 5, 2013

The best Indian i have had in years, a good use of spices and flavours. We attended for Lunch and they offered a two course meal for £6.95, it was all cooked fresh and the flavours were fantastic, would recommend a visit.

Review collected in partnership with this restaurant
Write a ReviewReviews (1,112)

Reviewed March 5, 2013

A beautiful restaurant in the heart of Belfast, within walking distance of our hotel (Days Inn). The food, atmosphere and service were very good and ideally located above Kelly's Cellar for a Guinness and traditional Irish music to help settle your meal.

Review collected in partnership with this restaurant
Reviewed February 25, 2013

Dined at Safa restaurant and had a lovely meal Food was excellent and very tasty all freshly cooked.The staff were very helpful with the menu.The restaurant was warm and cosy on a cold winters night would not hesitate to return.

1  Thank sunshine47
Reviewed February 21, 2013

This was a groupon deal, but I now wish I hadb't taken it.
When we arrived, no one offered to take our coats.
The service was rude and curt and when I asked for a glass of water I got told 'you know you have to be out of here by half eight?'
Actually, no I didn't and it takes me a moment to gulp down a glass of water thank you.
The staff were seen to be bullying other staff members and really appeared like they could not be bothered.
The food was really good though, so it mght just have been an off night or they might not like groupon vouchers.
Either way, this is not somewhere I would happily go to again

2  Thank Alice R
Reviewed February 21, 2013 via mobile

Dined at Safa on he evening of Wednesday 20 Feb '13 - we were greeted warmly at the door and seated promptly at a good sized table for two. It was pleasant o note all the tables for two were well spaced and positioned to avoid that crammed in feeling which some restaurants create. Our drink orders were taken promptly and it wasn't long before two large well chilled Cobra beers arrived. We shared a plate of poppadums (freshly cooked) served with three delicious dips. For mains I had a delicious chicken tikka from the tandoori oven - light, very tasty and a joy to eat. My partner had an equally delicious biryani dish. Overall Safa surpassed our expectations. We would not hesitate to return. Highly recommended.