“Nice Restaurant”

Safa
Ranked #18 of 1,073 Restaurants in Belfast
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Contemporary Indian cuisine, located on bank street in the heart of Belfast City centre. At Safa we offer authentic Indian recipes and traditional style of cooking. Ali takes great pride in cooking to order and grinding all his own spices so it really is the closest to Indian home cooking you can get. We also have a full bar and incredible wine list.
Belfast
“Nice Restaurant”
Reviewed December 2, 2012

Staff were very friendly and helpful. Food was first class, we called in at the last minute after shopping and had a very enjoyable meal.

• Visited November 2012
Review collected in partnership with this restaurant

• Polish first
Belfast, United Kingdom
“Gem of a place above Kelly's cellars”
Reviewed December 1, 2012

Heard great things about this wee place! All true- Great decor, friendly staff & best Indian grub in belfast! We came in just near closing time. Staff all cleared up and ready to end their night, but still went out for their way to wait on us and the chef produced great food. Left very happy after a long night out in Belfast.

Ali is a wee legend, Will defo be in again soon,

Barry

“Indian Delight!!”
Reviewed November 29, 2012 via mobile

Visited for first time having read the previous reviews on trip advisor and I must say it was excellent. The food was superb and so to was the staff. I can't complain about the pricing, as I've been to other Indians and they are more expensive, Would honestly recommend, will be back again soon!

Belfast
“Let Down by Boney Fish.”
Reviewed November 28, 2012

We have struggled many a time to find a really good Indian restaurant in Belfast and had heard such great reviews of Safa that we were very much looking forward to our visit. The entrance belies a surprisingly large and modern restaurant which is a world away from the slightly scruffy exterior with the ever-lively Kelly's Cellars pub downstairs.

I ordered chicken chaat to start - I am used to this being with a soft bread so was a bit taken aback when it arrived as a crispy basket, more like a poppadum, however it was tasty and well-presented. My partner enjoyed his Tandoori chicken wings which were of a good size and flavour.

I tend to judge an Indian restaurant on how good their chicken jalfrezi is. My preference is for a spicy curry but which still has a good amount of vegetables through it. All too often I find the jalfrezi's lacking in heat; it doesn't take much to put a load of finger chillies in then the diner can remove some if it is too hot and those of us with asbestos mouths are not left pining for that kick. The Safa jalfrezi had a pleasant amount of spice, maybe I would have preferred it slightly hotter but it was much better than a lot I have tried.

Now to the only disapponting dish of the day. My partner ordered sea bass. We expected it to arrive as a fillet but it came as a full fish (very reasonable price though!). This in itself would be ok however it was absolutely full of bones which was very off-putting for both of us. I felt like he wasn't enjoying his meal and it made me not enjoy mine too. It put a dampener on the evening which is a shame because otherwise it would have been very good. Service was pleasant enough and efficient but nothing to shout from the rooftops about.

I wish I could give it 3 and a half stars but it veers more towards the average than the very good I'm afraid.

• Visited October 2012
Horsham, United Kingdom
“Tasty Meal”
Reviewed November 27, 2012

Ate here on a Sunday night so nice and quiet in the restaurant, good food and service, an enjoyable evening. The music in the bar downstairs was quite loud but did not detract from the meal.