“Very enjoyable... Afternoon tea a must!”
Review of Titanic Belfast

Titanic Belfast
Book In Advance
More Info
$25.36*
and up
Titanic Belfast Entrance Ticket: Titanic Visitor...
Ranked #1 of 236 things to do in Belfast
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: The Titanic Belfast visitor attraction extends over nine galleries, with multiple dimensions to the exhibition. Drawing together special effects, dark rides, full-scale reconstructions and innovative interactive features you will explore the Titanic story in a fresh and insightful way from her conception in Belfast in the early 1900s, through her construction and launch, to her infamous maiden voyage and catastrophic demise. The journey goes beyond the aftermath of the sinking, to the discovery of the wreck and continues into the present day in the Ocean Exploration Centre.
Reviewed July 21, 2013 via mobile

I was not sure what to expect, however I thoroughly enjoyed the exhibition.
Staff were helpful and visible.
exhibition was scattered in places and parts slightly repetitive but overall very enjoyable. There is loads of visitor interaction too.
The building is beautiful and well laid out.
Exhibition gives background to Belfast at the time the titanic was built.
Afternoon tea was the highlight, staff were attentive and the stair case was out of this world. Perhaps slightly pricey at£23 each but it was worth the splurge.
Overall very enjoyable.

2  Thank Hondapetunia
Christina C, Visitor Experience Team Leader at Titanic Belfast, responded to this reviewResponded July 23, 2013

Thank you for your recent review of Titanic Belfast. It is great that you enjoyed the building and the Titanic exhibition and finished up in style with Afternoon tea. Thank you for your comments about the staff. They are greatly appreciated and I will pass on your compliments. Thanks again and I hope that you will come and see us again in the future!

Write a ReviewReviews (17,970)
All reviews
in 291 reviews
"pump house"
in 183 reviews

Reviewed July 21, 2013

excellent attraction thoroughly fascinating and very cleverly done, incorporating not just about the Titanic but also the social history of the time and area. We visited with 2 girls aged 5 and 8, who both enjoyed it too. Helpful staff though I would say the café is very pricey - we had been warned of this beforehand and brought a picnic which we ate overlooking the dry dock
definitely worth a visit if you are interested in history

1  Thank mountainmini

Hello. Thank you for your review of Titanic Belfast. It is great to hear that you and your guests enjoyed the exhibition. It is good to hear that you particularly enjoyed the social history of Belfast and the shipyard explored in the galleries! Thank you for your very positive comments and I hope that you will come and visit us again in the future!

Reviewed July 21, 2013

Really interesting, and not just about the sinking of the Titanic. Goes into the history of Belfast as well, and then the construction and designs of the famous White Star ships. Allow at least two hours!

1  Thank GuernseyTourist

Hello. Thank you for your review of Titanic Belfast. It is great to hear that you took some time out to explore the exhibition. I am glad to hear that you particularly enjoyed the social history of Belfast explored in the galleries! Thank you for your recommendation and I hope you will come and visit us again in the future!

Reviewed July 21, 2013

I've been two times and both were a great experience. The knowledge that it gives you and the detail in the exposition are both incredible. Ten out of ten!

1  Thank GezD1972

Hello! Thank you for your great review of Titanic Belfast. It is good to hear that you have enjoyed it so much that you have visited more than once!

See more reviews
Reviewed July 21, 2013

We chose to visit Titanic Belfast while cruising on the Caribbean Princess. I ordered our tickets online before we left. There are kiosks when you walk in and you have to do is enter your confirmation number to print out your ticket. (I think you can also scan the credit card you paid with but I'm not sure). Very easy! We arrived early (I think our time was for 9:40) and it really wasn't all that crowded. When we left the crowd had grown quite a bit. The whole museum is wonderful. I love that there is also information about the history of shipbuilding in Belfast in addition to all of the Titanic information. My favorite part was the "tour" through the different decks of the ship. Very cool. We spent about 4 hours at the museum...I thought we would only be there for an hour or so. We both thoroughly enjoyed our visit.

At the end of your tour you can scan your ticket and get a souvenir ticket. :)

The dry dock and pump house are close by, probably a 10 to 15 minute walk. I really regret that I didn't purchase tickets to this when I bought the tickets to the museum. There is an option to add them on when you purchase online. I assume you can purchase the same tickets at the museum. You can also purchase tickets at the site.

Anyone else who might be booking this separate from a cruise tour:
We took a taxi to the museum and it cost £10.
There was a free shuttle that took you from the ship to the downtown area, which we used after our visit. It took us about an hour to walk to this location, but we didn't mind.

1  Thank erimu53

Hello! Thank you very much for your recent review of Titanic Belfast! It is great to see such a positive recommendation of our exhibition. I am glad to hear that you availed of our online booking process and that you found it so easy to use. Collecting tickets from the self-service machines is so user friendly; you can use your reference number or the credit card that you booked with. The Virtual Tour through the ship is one of the highlights of the exhibition; I am very glad to hear that you particularly enjoyed it and got your souvenir ticket too!
Thank you for recommending the Titanic Combination Ticket. This ticket is great when you are looking for a full Titanic experience; it includes the Titanic Belfast exhibition and the Titanic Dock and Pump House and offers a savings on both admission prices. Once again, thank you for your recommendation. I would love to see you again sometime in the future!