“a change for the better”
Review of Hooples - CLOSED

Hooples
Cuisines: European
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: New restaurant that provides fine dining in small dishes. Not quite tapas but similar prinicple.
Reviewed June 5, 2012

We live close to Hooples and previously found the food a bit of a eclectic mix. Now that they have sorted out/ improved their menu the transformation is complete. Food quality was always excellent and they have introduced specials and vouchers . Although with their superb location why they need to use outside agency vouchers is a bit of a mystery as it must further reduce their margins. Having been about 6 times since they opened hopefully previous customers who were confused will now return.as Hooples does deserve to thrive. One certainty is that everything if possible is cooked fresh to order. Staff are friendly and professional under the attentive eye of the redoubtable Thomas

Reviewed June 1, 2012

I recently received a groupon for this restaurant as a present it was amazing food I shared a platter of miniature starters with my boyfriend and wine it was amazing! staff are also fab a must visit restaurant.

Reviewed May 31, 2012

we had a discounted offer and were amazed at the value for money. We shared prawn lollipops to start served with a mango and yoghurt dip - a bit mild in taste. I had stuffed pork fillet with roast veg - really tasty. Partner had a huge rump steaki with chipotle sauce served to order and delicious.
The best things were the bright modern decor and the prime location on Lisburn rd

1  Thank LMsept
Reviewed May 20, 2012

I was there last night with a few friends and absolutely loved it. The food was great, prawn lollipops are fab, followed by tender duck with lovely greens and the chocolate cube is gorgeous! The staff were friendly and extremely attentive but not in your face. I love the style of the place, makes me feel like I'm in a trendy wine bar in soho. The wine is good and a bottle for 14 is very reasonable. Will definately be back. Excellent!

Reviewed May 10, 2012

We ate here maybe a month back and have never been so disappointed. The decor looks fantastic so we couldn't wait to see what the food was like. When it came I couldn't believe how small the portions were a trio of soup consisted of 3 ramikins you normally get in other restaurants with your mayo dip in them for £5.95 . The main arrived and was 3 pieces of black pudding with one scallop on top of each.
We decided to cut our losses and leave without bothering to see the dessert menu. Having spent £70 we left still starving and had to go and get chips from next door. To top it off the waitress wasn't at all pleasant, we tried to make friendly conversation with her and she just didn't want to know.
My advice save your money and go next door to the fish and chip shop!