“Christmas Dinner”

Cuisines: Irish, Bar, Grill
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed December 11, 2012

Had Christmas dinner here on Monday 5th December. Went for 2 course special, which included glass of wine for £21.50. Ordered the turkey and ham : it was beautiful! It came with the traditional roast & mashed potatoes and 3 chipolatas. It was covered in redcurrant gravy which was delicious and made the meal different from other standard Christmas dinners. We then shared a generous portion of honeyed parsnips & carrots. Dessert was apple & christmas pudding crumble: it came in a large ceramic dish, with a scoop of vanilla ice cream and a pot of custard. I cannot recommend it highly enough! Although the restaurant wasn't particularly busy on a Monday night, the service was good and the atmosphere just right. We were able to relax, chat and enjoy our meal at leisure. Great all round experience. Looking forward to a return visit soon.

Reviewed December 7, 2012

Went for early bird menu before Mrs Brown, very good value, came away full and satisfied. Recommend!

Reviewed November 13, 2012

i've tried a few restaurants in the area and had heard a few people mention how good the point was for dinner, well i cant say they were wrong but to be honest we found it nothing special, the food was not bad for the money but the point is more a Bar than a restaurant, i wouldn't rush back !

1  Thank william b
Reviewed October 2, 2012 via mobile

I recently booked a groupon for my boyfriend and i which included 2 burgers for £12 this was fantastic value the food and service were top class as always! The terrys choc orange cheesecake was nice aswell! No matter what night I go here they seem to always have a singer which is a great touch! Always a pleasure to go here!

Reviewed August 31, 2012

booked a table on wednesday for 8pm , then had to change it to 9pm , at no point were we told that the kitchen shuts at that time until the waiter informed us when we arrived that we were late and had to order quickly, we all ordered starters and mains, all the starters we lovely (i had the squid) an extra chicken skewer was brought and the waiter said to have it anyway , but on receiving the bill noticed that he had charged us for it. before our mains arrived the waiter came to double check sides with meals and on receiving meals were still missing a side, i on the other hand had the salmon which was nice until i pulled a bit of plastic/clingfilm out of my mouth, and then checked the rest of the salmon and it was wrapped around it, reported this to a different server who just lifted my plate and left, a few minutes later came back with an apology from the chef and that it was just from the butter that was wrapped in it (so how come its wrapped around my salmon then????) offered a menu to pick something else but by the time it would have came out i would have been eating on my own with the other 11 staring at me so i declined and away that server went. on getting the bill or waiter was only then informed what had happened and seemed generally sorry and informed me it had been removed from the bill.
i think for this restaurant to get better , it does need a number of tweeks, like perhaps checking on the table, offering more drinks, perhaps delivering the drinks within 10 minutes of ordering them and whatever the waiter was doing with his mouth like it was dry or something needs cut out too