“Just Fantastic!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Good Fortune

Good Fortune
Ranked #433 of 1,043 Restaurants in Belfast
Cuisines: Chinese, Asian
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
London
“Just Fantastic!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 22, 2013

Ok, So what can i say apart from this place reaps 'Good fortune', Lovely cosy atmosphere, exceptionally friendly staff, fast service... the little lady whom i have gathered is the owner, she gives the diners a real sense of security within the lovely little restaurant, the food is delicious, try the singapore curry, or the duck soo chow, wow! all evidently fresh cuts of meat and veg! and arrived in awesome time, i have to say this is probably the best value restaurant in belfast, and at that they don't charge a corkage fee! which is awesome! any other reviewers writing with regards to the price of certain aspects of their meal, should take into consideration that they dont charge a corkage fee, which is rare, great service, great food, great atmosphere, what else can i say!!! dont forget to book!

• Visited July 2013
4 Thank Andrew D
LilyW79, Guest Relations Manager at Good Fortune, responded to this review, August 29, 2013
Thank you for such a great and positive review. We aim to provide our customers with a high standard of customer service and quality food. Our no corkage fee policy is unique in the area and just another way to save you ££s.
Thank you for your custom and we hope to see you again soon.

Belfast, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Can't be topped for value and quality of food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 17, 2013

It is what it is: probably the best BYO in Belfast. I can't fault the food and I know when good cuts of meat are used and fresh veg. Not the usual cheap MSG stuff you get a restaurant at twice the price. Always friendly, homely and I like the unpretentious atmosphere. I have eaten in all the restaurants in the area and find some just think they are too cool for school and can charge twice or more what Good fortune does. For the people complaining about paying a little extra for fried rice - wise up! The place does not even charge you corkage and the prices are more than reasonable. Some people what things for free but you will not get better food in the area for anywhere near what you get it here. I love it and I will be back again and again. Good hot Cantonese cuisine and a nice bottle of wine (no corkage) and never a scary bill. Suits me just fine.

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank Will D
Belfast
“Read on if you order rice!!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 10, 2013

Just out of the Good Fortune...food was ok but was more than a little surprised when the bill came. Boiled rice is free with your main but fried rice is £2.50 EXTRA!! When I asked about it the guy said there are extra ingredients in fried rice! I mean really £2.50 for what....I make fried rice there is not that much difference, half an egg, soy sauce and a spoonful of oil.
Won't be back!

• Visited May 2013
2 Thank Shinny106
Belfast, Northern Ireland, United Kingdom
“What a let down”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 17, 2013

Booked 2 weeks prior to Valentines day and arrived at expected time 7.30. We were asked to take a seat as staff seemed a little unsure of our booking. Waited about 5mins and asked again if we had At last shown to a table and ordered food consisting of starter and main. The main course arrive.d before the starter!!!!!! it was sent back and starter arrived at 8.10. When main arrived back husbands rice was cold (I thought rice had to be thoroughly heated before eating?).
When we complained to the young man at the till his only comment was "we took £2.50 off the bill! Not looking something for nothing but he was not interested in the lack of service or seemed to take our complaint seriously. Was my favourite and will not recommend this to my colleagues for a night out again.

• Visited February 2013
Belfast, United Kingdom
“Fresh food at a fair price”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 12, 2013

I have only gone to this restaurant to takeaway on a weekend and it's always buzzing. The food is so fresh and tasty, staff young and pleasant. I have tried quite a few Chinese restaurants in the area and this is tops for me. Doesn't look great from the outside - I had to be coaxed in by a friend, but so glad I was!

• Visited February 2013
1 Thank Irishflojo
Thank you so much for your custom. I am very glad that your friend successfully coaxed you to our establishment! Positive reviews for the Good Fortune are very welcome and appreciated and we are grateful for customers like yourself to take the time out to write a review.
We hope to see you again soon.

Good Fortune management