“Lovely food excellent service..” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Chiquito - Belfast - Victoria Square - CLOSED

Chiquito - Belfast - Victoria Square
Cuisines: Mexican, American
Good for: Bar scene, Large groups, Families with children, Kids
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Brunch, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Tel: 02890436770
Belfast, United Kingdom
“Lovely food excellent service..”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 16, 2013 via mobile

My boyfriend and I came here for dinner on Friday night. We were greeted by a friendly barman who got us a table really quickly. Our server was a very welcoming man who got us some cocktails. The menu is great lots of choice. We ordered some cheesy garlic bread and nachos for starter. Was quite disappointed at the garlic bread was basically flat bread with small blobs if cheese. Nachos were really tasty tho. I ordered sirloin steak but asked for gravy as I don't like any other sauces waitor assured me he could do this. My boyfriend had enchiladas when meal arrived the waitor told me unfortunately the chef could not do gravy which was disappointing but it didn't take away from the steak. Best one ive had in ages, really beautifully cooked. My boyfriend was disappointed at the size of his meal there wasnt very much inside the enchiladas although said it was very tasty. We ordered a chocolate Brownie to share for after definitely recommend it. Gorgeous dessert. The server was so friendly kept on top of getting us drinks making sure we were happy. Fantastic service. We will be back to try it again. Strawberry diquari are delicious.

Belfast, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Won't be going back”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 16, 2013

I thought the offer of Father's eat for free on Father's day was too good to be true, turns out it was. There were 4 of us with a 1 and a half year old as well. It took about 30 mins before a waiter came over and took our order, we ordered drinks and these took about another 20 mins to arrive. The whole time we were waiting, we were melted as the place was like a sauna, which began to upset our child whose patience was wearing thin in the sweltering heat. When we queried as to where our drinks were we were told that they had been dropped at the bar and would be on their way soon. These took about a further 10 mins to arrive. In total we had to wait 50 mins to get our first drinks. It then took another 15 mins for our starters to arrive and when they did, the meatballs that we were ordered were cold in the middle. To compensate they did offer us a free round of drinks, but at this point sitting in the sweltering heat of the restaurant and literally sweating from the lack of air conditioning, with the wait and heat having an affect on our son, any attempt to win us over was now lost. Apparently our order was put into the system but was lost which is why it took so long. All in and all a terrible experience and one I don't want to repeat, ironically enough though the actual food was decent but I could barely enjoy it due to the poor customer service.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Antrim, N Ireland
“Well we enjoyed it!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 16, 2013

Went there last night for the second time and enjoyed it. If you don't want/like spicy food don't go to a Mexican restaurant! I had chicken fatija and my husband decided to have a sirloin, which I must say was not cooked as much as he would have liked it, but again - my advice is stick to Mexican food in a Mexican restaurant. However we did get a reduction in the bill because of the sirloin. Love their cocktails though! ... and we will go again.

Newark, New Jersey
“Chain Mexican food”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 14, 2013 via mobile

We were hungry and as we were in Victoria Square we ate here. The restaurant is full of atmosphere and the staff is very good. As for the food, I wish it was as good as the staff. I ordered the sizzling chicken and it was beyond spicy and if I had not been so hungry, I would not have eaten it. There should be some warning about how spicy their dishes are. I did say so to the waiter and he replied that he didn't think it was that spicy but people say it is. The free wifi was nice and the sweet potato fries were excellent so be forewarned about the food here. No awful but not great either.

Visited June 2013
Northern Ireland
“Large portions and good value”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 13, 2013

We have always looked at this restaurant and opted against it, but this particular day we decided to give it ago. We were impressed and will definitely go back. It wasn't busy with it being a Monday evening but the waiter was attentive and friendly. We choose starters from their summer menu which was a platter for two. The food was tasty and there was enough for the both of us. I stayed with the summer menu and got the chimichanga with chips, my boyfriend got the burrito and a side of sweet potato fries, which we really didn't need. My meal came was big enough for the two of us but was really tasty. My boyfriend really enjoyed his burrito, we would recommend the pulled pork.

Just a tip if you are a student they offer 25% discount all year round.