“BEST KEBAB IN THE CITY!”
Review of The Sphinx

The Sphinx
Ranked #801 of 1,108 Restaurants in Belfast
Cuisines: Egyptian
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery
Reviewed December 21, 2012

Sphinx is not new to me. I lived in Belfast for 3 years and I found this is the best place for kebabs in Belfast, perhaps the best I ever had. I just love it, especially after few pints of Guinness :) After one year of absence in Belfast, I recently returned to Belfast and tasted the kebab... It is just fabulous as always :)

3  Thank Gowthy

Reviewed December 15, 2012

When you want a 'chippie tea' it has to be The Sphinx as nowhere else comes close!!
I've been coming here for about 10 years, they have the best chips in Belfast, great quality chicken, fresh fish/salad and amazing garlic sauce.
Yes the prices have gone up alot recently and the current staff aren't as friendly as I'd like but the bottom line is the food is great and that's what I'll always go back for!!

2  Thank SucabaB
Reviewed December 7, 2012

The food and portions are the same as always. Yes the price is up, but where hasn't hiked??? Still the best kebab going. I have NEVER had a bad kebab from here. Same time next week? Try and keep me away!!!

2  Thank Gazmollah
Reviewed November 20, 2012

First time visit last night. The blonde girl on the till taking orders didn't make any eye contact & wasn't pleasant at all, to the extent she came across as being quite cheeky. We (my girlfriend & I) ordered 2 portions of falafel, her's with pitta bread & mine with chips. I said I didn't want salad to which the girl replied "Really?? It will be really small." Based on her wonderful upselling techniques, I opted for some lettuce. We were asked what sauce we wanted, I asked what sauces they offered, without saying a word, the girl sidestepped & abruptly pointed to a list of sauces behind her. She looked fed up, as though we were wasting her time by asking such a question. After making our selection & paying, we got our food & left. We found the falafel to be over cooked (almost black).
My lettuce was very enjoyable though.

5  Thank ChrisssC
Reviewed November 9, 2012

Very clean for a take-away. Has a 5 star Hygene Rating.They do daily specials. We got the Fish Supper Meal. Came with chips and a 0.5L bottle of soft drink for just £4:00. Mmmmm...Looking forward to my next visit.

2  Thank Kathleen2012