“Good aul burger!”

Ranked #163 of 1,136 Restaurants in Belfast
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night
Description: Located on Botanic Avenue, minutes from Belfast City Centre and Queen's University. Popular with students, office workers and families. 85 seats over two floors.
Reviewed February 20, 2014

Only been here once or twice but each time was great. SO many weird and wonderful selections to put on your burgers, I had peanut butter and sweet chili on my beef burger and it was amazing! Meal deal is cheap, I believe only £5. Will be trying again

Reviewed February 16, 2014

This place is definitely only for beef-heads!

The chicken burger is amongst the worst I've had, even as bad as Burger King's or McD's offerings.

Rubbery and tasteless - no amount of pick n mix toppings could hide it!

Michael G, Owner at Build a Burger, responded to this reviewResponded February 17, 2014

It's disappointing to hear that you didn't enjoy your Chicken Burger. We use 100% Chicken fillet breasts which we butterfly, add a little salt and pepper to and then grill. We don't use seasoning or batter. What you were tasting therefore was just Chicken. It's unfortunate that you decided not to bring it to our attention at the time, our staff are very approachable and would have been more than happy to address your complaint. Going to the trouble of setting up a Tripadvisor account (you've one review) seems a very round about way of doing things.

Reviewed February 10, 2014 via mobile

I'd heard great things about this place so thought I'd give it a try however I was extremely disappointed with the chicken burger. It was flavourless and a bit pathetic looking. The chips were good though. That's about it.

Reviewed January 10, 2014

Being a Vegan it's not always easy finding a restaurant to eat out. I usually get looked at as though I have 2 heads and trying to get many of the restaurant staff in Belfast to understand the difference between vegetarian and vegan is often impossible. Their answer is usually to offer me a plate of chips! It was fantastic then to find somewhere that not only understands what it is to be a vegan but which also goes out of it's way to cater for them. The staff were informative and friendly even explaining that their tobacco onions are made with soya milk so I was able to have them on my burger, that was a first. My friends, meat eaters, were also very impressed with the options available. It was great to actually sit down with a group of friends and see that my meal looked exactly the same as their meal and for once I wasn't reduced to having a side salad!

Reviewed January 7, 2014

I was staying in the uni district for a few days, and the choice of eating establishements around there is very good. However the absolute best I found was this place, I proper little gem. Everything here was spot on, and I had the added pleasure of feeling like i'd 'discovered' something new. The food was ace (the bbq pork far surpasses certain other places on the street), the staff were friendly and the atmosphere was great and laid back. If you get the chance to give this a go, do it - you wont be disappointed