“Thirty pound deal”

Cuisines: Indonesian, Irish, British
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed August 2, 2012

Just had a super meal with my wife whilst staying at Duke's. Well recommended. Great food and friendly personal service. If you fancy good food in a distinctive environment, go no further.

Reviewed February 29, 2012

What can i say, food - amazing, service - amazing, restaurant - amazing!! We came here for the sunday carvery & decided to have the main meal (which is a bargain at £8.95)! As soon as we arrived the barman welcomed us & told us to sit wherever we chose & quickly set up the table for us & took our drink order. Told us to go up to chef at carvery who was very cheerful & gave us all very big portions! OMG The food was to die for, & freshly made (none of the usual carvery food where its left sitting out below heat lamps). One thing though you may need to know - dont wear tight fitting trousers or skirts!! LOL! The restaurant itself was spotless, restrooms were spotless too & the decor is lovely. The laidback friendly atmosphere made the whole meal very relaxed & enjoyable. Will definitely be going back there!! Thanks!!

2  Thank nicolam1983
Reviewed February 20, 2012

We had trouble getting in to any restaurant at the last minute on a Saturday night. So glad we did- as otherwise we would have never discovered Claudines! I had an amazing steak- with green beans, au gratin potatoes and horseradish. (£17) no need for sides and I couldn't fit in a dessert. The meal was amazing!!! Service was fine, Altho not as amazing as the food. Good value for money. But the atmosphere is great- quiet, romantic and chilled. I will be back!

Reviewed January 19, 2012

I thought that this was just a bar so I can't comment on food but as a bar I can.
I think the decor is nice, very opulent with chandeliers and crushed red velvet covering every available space. The strangest thing for me, granted it was a Monday night, but the atmosphere was wrong.

It was exceptionally quiet so that must be taken into account but I couldn't understand why they would have a football game on in such a romantic looking place. I wasn't fussed by the fact that it was on but it did make the whole experience just a little bit surreal.

Reviewed January 3, 2012

We had our Christmas dinner booked here. Though every order was placed in advance they still managed to forget about the vegetarian options. The person had to wait an awful amount of time to get her food. The food tasted very good especially the starters and the mains. The desserts were good too except for the Christmas pudding which was floating in very liquidy custard/milk. Onthe whole it felt overprices for the fare they were offering.