“Bobby Walsh and cabtoursNI - A MUST!”
Review of cabtoursNI

cabtoursNI
Ranked #5 of 118 Tours in Belfast
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Belfast black taxi tours,Our informative guides are all taxi drivers who worked the streets throughout the troubles serving both communities.The only Company featured in Vience Vaughn's film The Art of Conflict.Their tours have been broadcasted internationaly. Tours visit Shankill and Falls roads with opportunities to photograph the murals. They also provide tours catered to suit your individual requirements Antrim Coast, Causeway Let us make it the highlight of your visit to Belfast. CabtoursNI Have Tripadvisor Award of Excellence 2012,2011,2010. Experienced and informative tour guides who worked the city center as taxi drivers during the trouble's serving both communities will take you on a unique historical and cultural experience through the streets of Belfast. On a tour you will visit the Falls Road and Shankill Road where you will learn of the history of conflict between the two communities and witness the Peaceline wall which divides the two. Our enthusiastic and knowledgeable guides will explain the many murals which are to be seen on the tours as well as many sites which have played important roles in the political history of Belfast. Our guides are happy to cater the tour to your specification and will answer any question you may have for them. Our tours have been visited by many people from all over the world including those from the media such as Anthony Bourdain, Vince Vaughn and George Negus. As well as political tours of Belfast we also provide tours to sightseeing spots in Northern Ireland such as the Giants Causeway and the beautiful Antrim Coastline.
Reviewed October 15, 2013

We met Bobby from cabtoursNI at the Jury's Inn for their 'Political Tour' lasting about 75 minutes. Bobby delivered what turned out to be an insider's view that simply made our trip - read all you want, he delivered and answered questions we didn't even think to ask. Serious but funny and *very* informative!

FWIW - Visit Bobby first then consider the 'Titanic Harbour boat trip' and Belfast City Sightseeing Tours. Hat's off!!

'Street's with no name' indeed.

1  Thank BJeanty2
Bobby W, Owner at cabtoursNI, responded to this reviewResponded October 20, 2013

Hi BJeanty2, Thank you for taking the time to write your review of your tour with me.

Reviewed October 14, 2013

This tour was scheduled as a side/day trip and ended up being the highlight of my trip to Ireland.

It was an easy 2hr comfortable train ride from Dublin to Belfast and when Bobby couldn't make it to the train station on time to pick me up (traffic incident beyond his control) he made sure that another driver picked me up on time and that I was seen to properly and my tour still started on time.

Straight away I could tell that Bobby truly knew the history of his home city and wasn't one of those tour guides that simply wants your money. He was not only able to describe the history of Belfast and Northern Ireland in vivid and honest detail; he was also historically spot on with the events and people who made them unfold.

I could not have asked for a better tour or guide.

Davin G. - Austin Tx,

1  Thank Davin G
Bobby W, Owner at cabtoursNI, responded to this reviewResponded October 14, 2013

Davin. Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your tour of the city with me, its nice to know you found it to be the highlight of your trip to Ireland.
Bobby

Reviewed October 13, 2013

I was able to have Bobby Walsh for my tour guide/driver. He did a great job. This tour takes you up close and personal to some very intense parts of the history of Norhtern Ireland. You have an authentic cab (with seats for about 6) and a driver that lived through the troubled times. He takes you to see the artwork, memorials, buildings and streets of the catholic and protestant sides of the wall of peace. You get a surprise at the wall itself. He makes the lesson personal and stops the cab anytime you want to take pictures. You can personalize this tour on the fly. I highly recommend this tour. (warning: if you have small children or sensitive ears, you may want to ask to have the driver hold off on the F-bombs...but it kind of makes it authentic.)

2  Thank Bo D

Hi Bo D, Thank you for your review of your tour with me,its good to know you enjoyed it.

Reviewed October 12, 2013

I booked a large vehicle for 6 of us who stopped in Belfast while on a transAtlantic cruise. We were met at the port by Eugene, and I can't say enough about him or the tour. Eugene was knowledgeable, friendly and went out of his way to ensure that this was the best part of the entire trip. I can't acknowledge enough just how wonderful our day was, and, as fabulous as the scenery was, the highlight of the trip was Eugene himself. All of us enjoyed his commentary, humor and knowledge.
We went to the Carrick-a-Rede ropebridge (where I surprised not only my traveling companions, but myself, when I, who am terrified of heights, crossed on a very windy day!), Giant's Causeway, had lunch at a pub near the Causeway and Dunluce castle. We actually had more on our original itinerary, but that's the beauty of booking a private tour- we were able to spend as much time as we wanted at each site. We made several stops along the route so we could take photographs- the scenery was incredible.
The vehicle was more than large enough for all of us, and very comfortable. Occasionally, it was hard to hear Eugene if you were in the back seat, but once we got off the main road, that was not an issue.
We made stops in 7 countries, but the tour with Eugene was without a doubt everyone's favorite. Highly recommend, and hope to return to see what we missed on this trip!

1  Thank hockeyfan5
Bobby W, Owner at cabtoursNI, responded to this reviewResponded October 13, 2013

Hi hockeyfan5,
Thank you for taking the time to write a wonderful review of your party's Giants Causeway tour with Eugene, He will be delighted to know it was the highlight of your cruise.

Reviewed October 9, 2013

We took a trip to Falls Rd and Shankill Rd with Bobby Walsh, and he was amazing! I really recommend him as you're tour guide, he really knows what his doing!

1  Thank Mallematzin

Hi Mallematzin , Thank you for your review of your tour with me.
Bobby