“Excellent food, but slow service”
Review of Galley Cafe - CLOSED

Galley Cafe
Cuisines: Contemporary
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: The cafe at the Lagan Legacy
Reviewed December 8, 2012

I booked the Galley Cafe for our work Christmas meal via email in October and unfortunately they didn't respond or acknowledge my email a week before asking to change the numbers from 11 to 12. It wasn't until the day before I had to phone them and follow it up with an email, before they confirmed the numbers with me. All in all the food was superb, great value, but the service was slow. The waitress forgot we had ordered another bottle of wine after the meal and we observed her chatting to another member of staff for what seemed like ages then played with her phone. After half an hour we gave up on the bottle of wine and asked for the bill which seemed to take another 5-10 minutes before we were presented with a hand written bill for the food and a seperate drinks bill. They tried to overcharge us by £100!!! Also they made us use the same cutlery for starters and mains and were given soup spoons for dessert. Perhaps they are just not well equipped for a table for 12 people? The food itself was lovely, but the dining experience a disappointment.

Reviewed August 21, 2012

This was our first visit here using a Living Social Deal and it was well worth the visit. Alex made us most welcome and the food with a few tweeks could be exceptional. Expect a casual dining experience and do not be put off by the decor which again would benefit from an uplift, This was a delightful friendly and memorable outing -with one of the best views in Belfast. Will be back.

3  Thank bell9692
Reviewed August 12, 2012

We had lunch in the Galley Cafe as a family group of 21 people. The food and service was excellent, would highly reccomend it.

6  Thank GillianCB
Reviewed August 5, 2012

I ate in the Galley, last Tueday and i will most definitely be back. It was my 1st time there, its aquint little place with an amazing view. The staff were friendly but what sealed it for me was the chilli and garlic bruschetta that came with Rocket and parmasean which was brilliant value and a fabulos tasting lunch. Compliments to the chef! Would highly recommend it.

6  Thank Alwaysonthemove89
Reviewed July 29, 2012

We visited yesterday as I had a living social voucher. We were there early lunchtime so there were no problems getting a seat although it is small and we noticed it was getting very busy as we left. Voucher was for two glasses of wine or beer and a platter for two. I got a pleasant surprise when the waiter told me that 'glass' could be upgraded to a 'pint' free of charge,an offer I'd gladly have taken up had I not had my son with me. I didn't actually like the seafood platter but thats more down to me not liking the ingredients rather than the dish itself(why I ordered it when I know I don't like salmon,mussels etc etc is another question altogether). I also ordered a meatball bruschetta which was fantastic and my wife had a salad which she was happy with. I'm a regular visitor to Belfast and I'll certainly be back here.

3  Thank Bricer2012