“I'll stay here again if I'm back in belfast!”
Review of Old Rectory

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Belfast
Old Rectory
Ranked #3 of 48 Belfast B&B and Inns
“I'll stay here again if I'm back in belfast!”
Reviewed July 12, 2013

Really loved this place.I've stayed in lots of b&b's, but it was the 1st time that I had a good mattress! I knew I was going to arrive in around dinner so I ordered my meal the night before and said time I'd be there. Service was brilliant, I was starving and they brought up dinner within 10 mins, delicious! The couple running b&b were so nice and welcoming. I didn't go for ensuit so my bathroom was a little away from my room but I didn't mind as it was lovely, big and cleaned everyday as was my room.food was do delicious,i ended up eating dinner there 3 of the nights. I could keep talking old rectory but I think you get the message. I really liked this place.

• Stayed July 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed July 11, 2013

I stayed at the Old Rectory for two weeks while on business in Belfast. Could not have asked for a better place to stay - some of the friendliest, genuine, and kindest people you will meet, who will go out of their way to make sure your every need is attended to. The building and rooms are charming and the breakfasts are absolutely delicious (and big!) - try the salmon!

I would highly recommend to anyone!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Templeton, CA
Reviewed July 5, 2013

This was our third stop on our Ireland vacation and well worth the wait! We were warmly greeted and taken to our neat and clean room. The cooked to order breakfasts were very delicious and were a great start to our long days of looking at the sites. Mary had excellent reviews of local dinner restaurants which helped us find what we were looking for. This is "the place to stay" when in Belfast!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Cork, Cork, Ireland
Reviewed July 2, 2013

The Old Rectory Guesthouse is a real gem. Situated on the leafy Malone Road of South Belfast, it is a short taxi/bus ride into the city center. The house itself is beautifully kept and has a rustic old world feel. The hostess, Mary is very welcoming and helpful, making for a very enjoyable stay. The breakfast is a real treat with delicious home baked bread and the famous Ulster breakfast making a great start to the day. I highly recommend this guesthouse and would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
London
Reviewed June 29, 2013

I stayed at the Old Rectory for a week because I was working in Belfast around the time that the G8 came to Northern Ireland. After seeing the website I expected something slightly pokey and old-fashioned - and I was pleasantly surprised. My single room was spacious, attractive, comfortable, clean and pleasant and I had a huge bathroom to myself - albeit down a corridor, which was the only slightly disappointing thing. Breakfasts were wonderful. The woman who seemed to run the place was always friendly and did her very best to be helpful and flexible, even though she seemed extremely busy.

Room Tip: If you want an en suite bathroom, worth saying so
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Belfast, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 24, 2013

My Wife and I stayed for one night for my birthday. Mary and the rest of the staff were very pleasant and helpful. We had a beautiful room. The place was warm and friendly. We had a lovely breakfast.
I would certainly recommend The Old Rectory to anyone coming to Belfast.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank mpvalente
Indiana
Reviewed June 15, 2013

When we arrived at The Old Rectory, Mary immediately displayed her warm and efficient hostess skills by getting us checked in, showing us to our lovely rooms, making our dinner reservations for the evening and calling us a taxi. Beyond the hostess tending to our every need, the house had Victorian charm and our room was beautiful. I especially loved it because we had enough room for everything in contrast with so many places we had been prior. Our room was furnished with a loveseat for sitting or luggage, a desk for our laptop use, a make-up table for me and racks/closet for luggage....and most luxurious of all....a bed of comfort which lulled us to sleep like rocks not wanting to get up....except for the dangling carrot of knowing the most sumptous breakfast awaited our palates. The homemade raspberry and orange marmalade jams were a sensation and every part of the breakfast table was delicious...not to mention the made to order Ulster breakfast I had chosen. Overall, we found our 2 day/nights stay much too short! Belfast is a great city to visit and if going there, The Old Rectory is a brilliant choice! Definitely a repeat stay for us if we get the good fortune to make it back someday!! Thanks Mary!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple