“The best breakfast.”
Review of Old Rectory

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Belfast
Old Rectory
Ranked #3 of 48 Belfast B&B and Inns
Dublin
“The best breakfast.”
Reviewed May 24, 2012

The Old Rectory Guesthouse is lovely - our room was comfortable and clean, Mary was most helpful, and the breakfast is amazing. I had the duck confit on a bed of baked eggs and herbs, fresh-squeezed orange juice, toast with homemade jam, fresh fruit and yogurt, and my own french press of coffee. It's a little bit of a walk into town, but well worth everything else this B&B has to offer.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
Enniskillen
Reviewed April 28, 2012

Thank you to Mary for my recent one night stay! Perfectly located guest house for all that Belfast has to offer being only a short ride in to the city! The best part of the leafy suburb that is the Malone Road and business and leisure travellers will not be disappointed with the accommodation or fayre available.

Thank you once again for my short stay.

I will be back.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
Montreal
Reviewed April 26, 2012

Could not have asked for a better place to stay then The Old Rectory. Clean, charming & very welcoming by Mary & her happily singing staff .... not to mention the delicious breakfast prepared & served by her husband each morning.
The 10 min. bus ride into the Centre of Belfast right outside the door or just a phone call away (thank you Mary) to have a driver pick us up & drop us off at a Guided Tour Bus location to experience our day along the breath taking Antrim Coast to the mythical stones of the Causeway, a stop at the ancient ruins of the once beautiful Dunluce Castle, the Carrickfergus Castle, & the world famous Carrick-a-rede Ropebridge.....Brilliant!!!
Belfast you Rock! no pun intended :-)
Cheers!
Louise from Canada

2 Thank Louis P
Montreal, Canada
Reviewed April 23, 2012

This B&B was in a fantastic location, Mary & her staff are friendly,funny & just plan nice to be around. The rooms were clean & nicely decorated. The breakfast was prepared by Mary's husband Gerry, and what a feast it was. Fresh fruit, freshly squeezed juice, eggs, sausage, duck, breads the list goes on. My friend & I felt like queens for 2 nights. Dont miss it !!!!

Glasgow
Reviewed April 23, 2012

Myself and my sister had visited Belfast in order to attend an appointment at the US consulate as she is going away to work on a cruise ship in June. I had searched for acommodation near the embassy and The Old Rectory Guest House was the first to appear. I had phoned and spoke to Mary who couldn't have been more helpful and had actually given us additional information that we didnt actually know after reading the specified requirements for the appointments.
We had arrived with a very warm welcome and what a lovely family. The house was absolutely beautiful. Our room was a double room which had a red theme (my sisters favourite colour) so that seemed to be even better ha! The room was absolutely lovely and the bed was extremely comfy. The bathroom was very spacious and fresh!
Not long after checking in we decided to venture out for an hour or so and see our surroundings. Mary had suggested that on a Sunday night to go to the area where the students are. We decided to go to The Eg and got speaking to a couple of Irish folk and were so friendly and let us know a bit more about the place.
In the morning we had risen quite early as Julie's appointment was at half past 8 which made breakfast at half past 7. When we made our way downstairs we were met by a lovely smell of a fully cooked breakfast - bliss!! We had fruit, freshly squeezed orange juice, water, tea and croissants. Simply fantastic and we even struggled to finish it!!
After Julie's appointment we checked out the room around 11am. It was a shame we were only there for such a short stay but decided to make the most of our trip to Belfast. Mary provided us with maps and some booklets to guide us around Belfast and had suggested some places to go. We ventured to the Titanic Museum which so fascinating and we learned so much from our visit and took plenty of photographs. We left there and ventured back into Belfast city centre and visited 'The Crown' Pub which Mary had suggested we go to see, one of the oldest bars in Belfast and boy was it nice. Currently managing a bar myself at the minute I was extremely jealous, the bar was beautiful and was definitely worth the visit. I can honestly say without Mary's help our trip would have been nowhere near as enjoyable and with that I definitely cannot wait for our return visit.
All in all we had a fantastic stay and for anybody else that I know that will be visiting Belfast I will definitely be recommending The Old Rectory Guest House. Perfect location, beautifully furnished, comfortable, quiet and very clean. Simply fantastic and cannot thank you guys enough.

Room Tip: Newforge is a beautiful room for couples, spacious and beautifully decorated.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Stefanie G
Sydney
Reviewed April 17, 2012

We spent just one night in this wonderful B & B and our room was very quiet, comfortable and beautifully furnished. Mary was very helpful in recommending a restaurant nearby for dinner and she made useful suggestions about our visit to the Titanic exhibition. There was a lot of choice of cooked meals for breakfast and the breakfast room was elegant and inviting. The Old Rectory is situated in a lovely part of Belfast and feels like home away from home. It is very well run and has a warm, inviting atmosphere.

St. John's, Newfoundland, Canada
Reviewed April 12, 2012

We recently spent three nights at this B & B, it was my first time and the second time for my husband. Everything was perfect. The bedroom was large, celan and comfortable, the breakfast room was warm and cozy and the hosts, Mary and Gerry were terrific! The food was excellent and substantial. The location is excellent too, easy to find from the Motorway and within walking distance of shops, bars and restaurants. Staying at the Old Rectory was a wonderful experience and If ever I have the opportunity to go to Belfast again, I will certainly be booking my room there!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple