“We'll be back!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Yum

Yum
Ranked #86 of 1,043 Restaurants in Belfast
Good for: Dining on a budget, Large groups, Special occasions, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Brunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
County Down, Northern Ireland
“We'll be back!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 4, 2013 via mobile

Called into Yum this evening on a whim and caught the early bird menu, 2 courses for £9.95. Service was fantastic, food was fantastic & price was great! We shared two starters of cheesy garlic bread & chicken tempura which was delicious. Husband had the chicken satay on noodles & I had the salmon with baby boiled potatoes & vegetables. Both were delicious. For dessert we had chocolate fudge cake & aero cheesecake. Can highly recommend this little restaurant; we will definitely be returning!

• Visited August 2013
Tpta1, Owner at Yum, responded to this review, August 5, 2013
Hello Deborah I hope this email finds you good and well. Thank you for taking the time out to write such nice and kind words on your visit to Yum.I see you went for our 2 course early bird menu for only £9.95. I'm glad to here you thought both the food and service was excellent. Our chicken tempura is maybe our best selling starter maybe due to our unique sauces we drizzle on them. You also had the satay chicken and the soy glazed salmon another 2 favourites at Yum.I Also see that you went for 2 of our delicious homemade deserts. Maybe next time you should go for our special 3 course meal plus a bottle of house rose, white, or red wine or four bottles of beer for only £35.
Again Deborah thank you for your lovely comments its always good to hear that people like you enjoy your experience at Yum.i hope to see you and your good husband back at yum again very soon.
Have a great day from all the staff at Yum!

“50th birthday celebrations :)”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 30, 2013

16 of us went on a family nite out including the the hummer picked up and drove us to yum brill craic ... amazing nite !! Food was georgous & staff wer lovely .. service was great !! everyone had a ball ... cant wait to go back :)

• Visited July 2013
Tpta1, Owner at Yum, responded to this review, July 31, 2013
Hello Gail c I hope this email finds you good and well. Thank you for your lovely comments on your night at yum.Our hummer deal is getting more and more popular and I'm glad you enjoyed your hummer experience.Im also really delighted to hear you say that the food was georgous and staff were lovely.id like to wish your family member a very happy birthday from all of us at Yum and I hope to see you and all your family back at Yum again soon.
Again Gail c thank you very much for taking the time to write such a kind review.
Hope you have a great day!
Belfast, United Kingdom
“Yummy”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 30, 2013

The food here is always great, and it's well priced - there is a great early bird deal. You should go hungry as the portions are good! We go fairly regularly. It can be busy at times but we've never had to wait for a table. Definitely worth a visit although Stranmillis can be hard to park around - just be aware if you're driving to leave a little extra time to try to find a space if you've to be there at a certain time.

• Visited June 2013
Tpta1, Owner at Yum, responded to this review, July 31, 2013
Hi Gail c thank you got taking the time out to write such s nice review of your visit to yum. It's great to hear you think the food is always great and well priced. At yum our main aim is to serve great freshly cooked food at the most reasonable price possible. We also like to make sure that you never leave yum feeling hungry.Its also good to see that you are a regular customer and come very regularly.I know what you mean about trying to park but you'll always get a space with perseverance.
Again Gail c thank you very much and ill be delighted to see you back at yum again very soon.
Hope you have a lovely day.
Belfast, United Kingdom
“lovely food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2013

really nice food, only a couple of veggie options but same everywhere i suppose, good value for money, at lunch you can get starter and main for 7.95. Staff can be a little grumpy at times. Seating can be a little close to other tables as well.

• Visited December 2012
Tpta1, Owner at Yum, responded to this review, July 31, 2013
Hello Kate r I hope this email finds you good and well.im really pleased to hear you say the food is really good.I see that you are a vegetarian and apologise for not having enough vegetarian options on the menu, something ill have to look at. I'm glad to see that you are aware if our unbelievable 2 course lunch for only £7.95 which seems to be very popular especially with large office party's.
thank you also for bringing to my attention that the staff on this particular visit were grumpy. This is totally unexceptable and I will be speaking with All waiting staff to ensure this doesn't happen again.As I am fully aware,service is just as important as the food and I won't tolerate this type of behaviour from my waitng staff.I hope this hasnt put you of returning to Yum as I'd love to see you back at Yum again soon.
Again Kate r thank you very much for taking the time out to give your review as without them I wouldn't be able to improve standards.
Hope you have a lovely day.
northern ireland
“Tasty food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 21, 2013

Pre theatre meal beside lyric theatre. tasty food, quick service very extensive menu something for everyone. 2 courses £9.95 fab. lovely wine, very clean, great menu,nice amtmosphere would diffo eat here again looking forward to returning.

• Visited July 2013
Tpta1, Owner at Yum, responded to this review, July 22, 2013
Hi HappyHappyHolidays I hope this email finds you good and well. Thank you for taking time out to write such nice comments of your experience at Yum. Our pre theatre menu deal proves to be very popular as we are the closest restaurant to the new and beautiful lyric theatre.I see you had wine with your meal so maybe next time you should check out our 3 course meal for 2 plus a bottle of house white,red, or rose wine or four beers for only £35.
I'm really pleased that you also enjoyed the atmosphere and said that the restaurant was very clean as we have just fully refurbished both upstairs and downstairs also putting in brand new air conditioning units to make it as comfortable as possible.
Again thank you very much for your lovely comments and I hope to see you back at yum again soon. Hope you have a great day!