“excellent service”

Ranked #31 of 45 Hotels in Belfast
Dublin, Ireland
“excellent service”
Reviewed October 1, 2010

This was our first trip away with our 6 month old baby so we didn't know what to expect. From the moment we arrived the staff could not have been more helpful and accommodating.We told the person when making the booking by phone, that we had a baby and she said "no problem we will put a cot in the room for you ".Although this was not in the room upon check in ,5 minutes later it arrived.
The staff in this hotel go out of their way to make you feel welcome and it is very sincere .The food in the restaurant was good although menu was quite limited .Exceptional chocolate puddings .
Our car broke down after checking out and when we informed the manager he promptly rounded up a posse to push the car and get us started ,and it was no problem whatsoever,infact they actually seemed to enjoy it !!!
We travel to belfast quite a few times a year and this is the hotel we will be staying in from now on .

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank Martin1878

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (98)
Oxford
Reviewed September 1, 2010

We came here for a family wedding and stayed on a few days to look around Belfast. The excellent Ulster Museum is about a minute away, as are the rather disappointing Botanical Gradens. The Ciry Centre is about 3 minutes by taxi, 20 minutes walk by road or more pleasantly, 40 minutes along the River Lagan (on the other side of the Botanical Gardens)

There are good restaurants and pubs - from "lively" to "relaxing" - in the area. The food in the hotel itself, for the wedding, the restaurant and the Bar were superb, especially the wedding meal which, from past experiences elsewhere, can be dire!

On Saturday nights, the hotel is a popular wedding/hen/stag venue and it's a good idea to keep away from the bar area if you're not involved in any of them! For the same reason, noise can be a problem on the lower floors.

Two of the rooms provided for our party were unsatisfactory (damp smell in one and too noisy in the other) but the two couples involved were given replacement rooms with no hassle.

The rooms in general, I would say, were just above "no frills" standard but what will make us come back to this hotel was the courtesy, helpfulness and friendliness of ALL the staff.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
essex
Reviewed July 6, 2010

this hotel was good, very busy with hen do's and weddings, rooms and coridors were very hot, no air conditioning, room 321 noisy due to generators so could not have the small window open , we asked to be moved which they did with no fuss, very friendly, helpful staff . hotel is a bit out of main town its a long walk , we took a taxi

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with friends
Near Belfast, N.Ireland
Reviewed June 15, 2010

My partner and I decided to book this hotel for Valentine's night as we thought that £55 per person for an evening meal/romantic overnight stay was great value.
I can't think of anything bad to say about our stay there. The location was great for what we wanted to do (The Ulster museum was literally next door)....basically it was the perfect venue for a getaway even if just for one night. The hotel wasn't at all noisy, the service was top class, especially when it came to our evening meal in the restaurant , I felt we were treated like royalty, the staff were also polite and the breakfast offered was generous.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple
Dublin
Reviewed May 31, 2010

Just back from a night's stay at the Wellington Park hotel. Have to say was very impressed with the service in the hotel, it was excellent, nothing was too much trouble. I asked for a babysitting service and they rang me back and arranged a babysitter for us. She was on time and excellent. Also when we arrived there were feather pillows and duvets in the room which I am allergic too, within litterally two minutes of me contacting reception housekeeping were at the door to change them for me. The room was lovely and I think quite recently done up, it was large with a flatscreen TV. The breakfast in the hotel was also lovely. All in all i would recommend the hotel for a short break. There is a nightclub in the hotel but it didnt bother us as our room was far enough away from it to not know it was there. It is a good location close to belfast.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with family
Dublin
Reviewed March 22, 2010

Hotel is in a good location, and was in reasonable condition, rooms are modest but functional, but the room was on the cold side even with the rad turned up to max it still could not make up for the drafty window in the room, which also let in a lot of noise from the function room below. TV reception was poor on most channels with a very limited choice of channels. Bar area was nice for a quick bite to eat or an informal meeting. with the staff being quite attentive and service was quick.Daily newspapers were available free of charge which is a nice touch for teh business traveller. Food quality was average for bar type food. I did not try the restaurant while I stayed, except for breakfast. which was quite good with good quick service, Some more fruit and healthy options wouid make it better in my opinion. Reasonable value for money for its location, but charging for Wi-Fi is a big let down for business travellers, it was not worth it and was really slow.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled on business
Chicago, IL
Reviewed February 9, 2010

I booked this hotel using Priceline's name your own price. I don't remember exactly how much I spent, but it was probably not more than 100 bucks or so. I usually travel solo on these types of trips (fun/culture). I know this isn't a whopping price, but I'm on tight budget. I was looking for something better than a hostel, but not super fancy.

The staff was friendly, the room was clean, and the food in the restaurant was good (great dessert). The only thing that wasn't a 5 out of 5 was the location (not close to the sights or city center).

The reason for the 4 out of 5 for the room was the odd toilletries provided - liquid shampoo and a shoe shine sponge, but no bar soap? Strange, but I didn't bother to ask reception to bring some. I'm sure they would have.

Worth the money if you bid for your own price on priceline of hotwire.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled solo