“B&B better choice”

Ranked #30 of 43 Hotels in Belfast
USA
“B&B better choice”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 20, 2009

We enjoyed the atmostphere and the food in the restaurant, but the bedrooms were a little worn around the edges. The bar was crowded and at times a lot of noise. On our trip we stayed at two differant B&B houses in Portrush on two occassions and both were better accommodations and value than the hotel
Over all I would consider B&B a better choice

• Stayed April 2009, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (95)
Michigan
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 17, 2009

Perfect location if you are visiting Queen's University. The staff is outstanding. Likewise the food as the bar was quite good. On the downside it's not near the City Center. The clientele appeared to lean toward the silver haired crowd, but that meant I knew all the songs played at the Friday night "disco". My only real complaint was that a lot of outside noise (parking lot and hallway) could be heard in the room.

(Note: Take care when leaving your room. My door did not close all the way unless I pulled it shut.)

• Stayed May 2009, traveled on business
Ireland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2009

I went to this hotel with two friends over Paddy's weekend for two nights. I must say after reading previous reviews on this site beforehand I was a little apprehensive. To be honest I was expecting a right dump.

However I was pleasantly surprised with this hotel. Luckily we were provided with one of the recently refurbished rooms so therefore I can't comment on older rooms. Our room was perfectly adequate however for the money. It was clean and comfortable with three beds.

I also found the staff nice and helpful, especially in the restaurant. Also one night when I was watching TV, the signal kept going. I got fed up and rang reception for help. They offered to switch us to another room and also offered us the opportunity to come down to the lobby to finish watching whatever programme it was. In addition they sent a complimentary drink to the room so very helpful.

I wasn't keen on the evening meal we had on the first night as it was very rich and overbearing. That's the only way I can find to describe it. However I loved the breakfast and the area set aside to eat it in is nice and spacious.

To summarise, I would say great location, great value for money and great for a girly weekend. I would definately go back (and I'm usually very fussy).

• Stayed March 2009, traveled with friends
Northern Ireland, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2009

My wife and I stayed in this hotel for a weekend. It has a great location near Queens with lots of lively bars nearby. The hotels' own bar and lounge is very comfortable for relaxing on a Sunday afternoon with the papers. The staff are all very helpful and friendly and the food - especially in the lounge - is of good quality and very reasonably priced. Our room was a good size and had obviously been updated recently. It also has a car park attached.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled as a couple
Dublin
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 9, 2009

On the website they have photos up of the newly renovated rooms, so we were expecting the same for our room. However our room was dated and badly decorated definately not something we expected from a 4* hotel. There was a smell of damp and quiet simply it felt like a hospital/old folks home.
I wouldnt recommend this hotel to anyone, felt the website is very misleading.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled with friends
2 Thank Sevenstar09

Travelers are raving about these Belfast hotels

Wales
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 4, 2009

Very comfortable, well appointed rooms. The experience was ruined by the surly, disinterested staff.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled on business
Dublin
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 30, 2008

I have stayed in this Hotel for a number of years simply for its conveinent position to Town and its car park, however it has gradually gone downhill and is grubby and unkept, frayed carpets and chipped bath on my last visit, as for the reception staff, they make you feel unwelcome and a nuisance almost ... the vacant stare is almost uniform among all the staff on reception. You wonder what the managers here do that they dont watch all these negative aspects of service..Its certainly not a four star i wouldnt even rate it 2 star ... I have stayed for the last time, in future ill stay in the Ramada as its a much more upmarket hotel... Wake up the management of the Wellie or you will have no jobs ... Melissa

• Liked — nothing
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed November 2008
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank Sally86