“Nice hotel, decent rate, but I don't get the breakfast policy!”

Wellington Park Hotel
Ranked #34 of 45 Hotels in Belfast
Reviewed May 28, 2014

I spent 2 nights there last weekend. Nice big room, and i got a good rate via Hotels.com

I really don't understand the policy of, if you order breakfast when you check in, it's £10, but if you order on the morning it's £15? The receptionist was struggling to explain/justify it too...

That aside, you can walk 5 mins down the road to Maggie Mays & get a wonderful breakfast for £6

Good location, near Queens University & walking distance in to the City Centre.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank LittleBoyBlue

Reviewed May 26, 2014

I was travelling to Belfast on a short notice and the hotels I usually stay where fully booked due to events occurring during the month.

I found it very difficult finding other hotels because I did not know of the others one. This made me opt for the Expedia Secret Saver Hotel deal for the first time. The deal was 40% off on 4-Star Hotels in the location area 2 - Belfast South / University District / Belvoir Golf Course.

After doing this for the first time, it was very exciting until it was revealed I was staying at the Wellington Park Hotel. I did a quick internet search on the hotel and became disappointed because of the negative reviews of the hotel. Nonetheless I would give the hotel a chance once I stayed there.

From my stay at the hotel, upon check-in, I found the staff very rude at the reception desk as I am not use to this type of service at a hotel that claims to be 4-Star. Not received a welcome visit to Belfast or information about the hotel amenities.

The room that I stayed in was dirty, unhygienic and no space for manoeuvring. The only positive was the TV size, but there are many negatives, for example: uncomfortable bed, filthy kettle, dirty towels in the unclean shower and toilet room. The room air circulation was poor due to no air-conditioning and the inadequate infrastructure of the extractor fan.

The room window was facing the car park where most of the noise was coming from and a lot of noise from the main door entrance to the hallway when people were returning.

I checked-out on the earliest possible opportunity and will never return.

I have stayed at many 4-Star hotels in the past and this hotel does not measure up to be a 4-Star, even though it claims to be a 4-Star.

In my opinion the hotel is in a good location but needs an overall revamp.

Pay the additional cost for somewhere nicer and restful.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
3  Thank Raviii
Reviewed May 23, 2014

Found the 20 something guy on the reception desk one night very unfriendly, unhelpful and to be quite honest, rude! It was a Thursday night when my wife and I were in the hotel. How on this earth he got the job I do not know. He barely looked up from his computer when talking to me. It was as if I was taking him away from something more important. I then asked a query about parking and my question was briskly dismissed. I have never come across such rudeness, especially in what is meant to me a top hotel. Won't b e back and certainly won't recommend based on my encounter with this rude young man.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Nothappy c
Reviewed May 21, 2014

great hotel, great price superb location! I stayed in this hotel for a night with a group of friends to celebrate a birthday. The staff were friendly and very helpful accomdating our party. The rooms were spacious perfect for a group of girls will a lot of baggage! Locaton wise it is perfect close to the city centre with lots of taxis near by!

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 18, 2014

I have just returned from a two night stay at this hotel. It had some mixed reviews and I was a little concerned but had a pleasant enough stay.
I struggled looking for hotel that had a family room in Belfast hence why I booked the Wellington. Our room was fine with a double bed and a single, it did the trick for our short stay. Room/bathroom was clean and tidy, staff were helpful and pleasant. Only niggles were that the room was very warm and there were not enough towels for three of us. I wanted to travel light so thought Id use the rooms, shampoo etc but have to say these were sparing to say the least.However, usually I wouldn't even use them Also for some reason they have mounted the tv so high on the walls it was almost on the ceiling!! Breakfast was lovely and so was the food served downstairs in the lounge area.

I'd stay there again!

Room Tip: we stayed in room 256 and was great.
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed May 15, 2014

Unpleasant five night stay, with unpleasant staff. Rooms were dreary, and the bathrooms need a complete overhaul. We were lucky to get more than a trickle out of the shower, with us having to clean the bath ourselves each day. I wouldn't normally complain about hotel stays, as I find everything adds to the fun and festivity of staying away from home, but the way in which we were spoken to by the staff completely ruined everything for us.

Hotel needs a complete overhaul and in my opinion staff could do with some customer service training. Tried to speak with management (someone who identified themselves as the assistant manager) and to say he was unhelpful would be an understatement. He wasn't overtly rude, but his manner and attitude really wasn't the most pleasant. There were further things that I really don't even appreciate having paid a substantial sum of money for, but I can't even bring myself to relive it. Wasn't my first visit to this hotel but it will certainly be my last.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank ImpulsiveWanderings
Reviewed May 11, 2014

Great hotel which I thoroughly recommend. Very friendly and attentive staff.

Room could do with a bit of TLC but overall I would return without hesitation. Understand it is a family run hotel, great to support local economy rather than big chain.

Great coffee in the bar, enjoyed breakfast. Ate dinner in the Barking Dog just a couple of doors away (very good).

Hotel about 5mins in taxi (non-rush hour) from The Europa Hotel.

Plenty of places use Bit Buzz to access wifi - no big deal.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business