Wellington Park Hotel
Preferred Hotels
$82
PremierInn.com
  • Restaurant
All reviewsqueens universitycity centremalone roadlounge areaulster museumbotanical gardenswedding receptionfrom start to finishwellywelliesconferencediscostudentspubsfoyer
Reviewed September 1, 2013

I have stayed at the hotel many times for short and long trips and fin it very accommodating for business. Parking is easy and you can walk to many places for food. Service is above average and the room prices are good if you book in advance.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed August 26, 2013

I had the not so pleasant occasion of having to spend time at the Wellington Park Hotel in Belfast. I remember this from when I was a professional singer and it as excellent even during a War Footing.
I was there as part of a Parkinson's Meeting and had travelled from the Channel Islands. There was scant information that one could be dropped off at the door of the Hotel as the entrance was some way from the Barriers on the main road. The Taxi driver did not have automatic access either.
There was no information as to where the Conference/Meeting was taking place, displayed in the Hotel Lobby/Reception area.
The reception desk was all one height and the person staffing the desk was busy on the telephone, so I waited patiently until he was finished. Instead of speaking with me when finished, he answered the phone again. (Not a good start).
That said the man was courteous enough and pointed me to where the the Parkinson's Group was meeting.
The room was tiny and I am a Wheelchair-User and most of the delegates were either elderly or living with Parkinson's so their mobility was impaired.
This is the Feedback from the group -
...' • The venue was not good. The room was too small for moving around in comfort. The general accessibility of the hotel was not good. Parking was not good at the hotel and it wasn’t clear if it was free.
• The hotel staff were unhelpful – Aindre had great difficulties with the disabled access loo and had to use what they called an accessible bedroom. Even a simple request for a different chair at lunch was met with a ‘no’ – we just sorted it ourselves!'...
As I travel quite a good deal, would hope for better than 'fair' Customer Service and not just because I am a Wheelchair-User.
I do hope the Hotel Owner/s see this review and work to improve the Customer Experience in these difficult trading times.

I never did find out if the Toilet was occupied or not and would make it clear that unless you have actual Designated and Approved Accessible Toilets for Wheelchair-Users you should not be conveying people to Inaccessible ones as a poor second.
I am happy should you wish to contact me in this regard. Aindre Reece-Sheerin

Room Tip: Go and see it before you consider booking
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed August 22, 2013 via mobile

Attended a conference here in Parkinson's with people with a disability. Staff were dismissive, unhelpful and rude when asked for help. We were given tea and scones at conference which were inedible. At lunch the sandwiches left a lot to be desired, made on cheap bread. Poor parking facilities. This place is good for one thing only- formals for QUB university !

• Stayed: August 2013
3  Thank Kathrynsmile
Reviewed August 19, 2013

Not the most modern hotel I've ever stayed at but the fantastic personnel at this establishment made for a memorable stay. From the moment we arrived until the day we left, the exceptionally friendly and helpful staff of the Wellington made sure that we will return to this perfectly situated hotel.

Within walking distance from Queens University and the majestical Botanical Gardens, the hotel is perfectly situated for the sightseeing tourist to Belfast. There is a bus stop (both city bus and 'hop on hop off') directly outside the hotel and being on a fairly busy road, cabs are available as and when required.

A hearty breakfast is served every morning and although the room service menu is pretty limited, the meals are lovely.

We had a terrific time and I would like to commend the personnel for their attentive care and considerate efforts in the assistance offered to guests with disabilities.

Well done and thank you for making our stay extra special!

Room Tip: Ask for a room that faces away from Malone Street - the nightlife can be a disturbance if you are a light sleeper.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 19, 2013

My wife and I stayed in this hotel on a stopover on or way to a holiday.
This hotel alway had a great reputation so we looked forward to a nice stay.
On arrival we were given a room that was vey run down and shabby. We complained and were moved to a much nicer room.
The staff were very helpful and friendly.
The hotel is very close to the Ulster Museum and botanic gardens both well worth a visit.
There are a number of fast food places within walking distance and there did not seem to be a problem bringing food back to the room.
Breakfast was very nice and plentiful server in a nice area.
I would suggest that some money needs to be spent to bring it back to a 4 star standard.

• Stayed: June 2013