“superb hotel”

Wellington Park Hotel
Ranked #33 of 45 Hotels in Belfast
Reviewed April 20, 2013

just retuned from a short but busy 4 days in belfast .we traveled by coach which was a marathon in itself we arrived late at the wellington rather exausted .. but was greeted by a very warm wellcome from the manager and staff on arrival .after taking our luggage to the room we freshened up and made our way to dinner.well well what an excellent spread to say the least .super soup .lovely cold buffet, main meal salmon, beef ,and all the trimmings.the room was very good nice bath room double and single beds .the beds were of good qaulity and the linen was pristine .after a good nights sleep awoke refreshed..went down to breakfast .now come on.. one of the BEST we have had through out our travels ..bacon and sausage to die for..although the hotel is quite a walk from the centre we enjoyed it ..thereare two pubs just out side the front gate well worth a vsit..overall brilliant stay ..

Room Tip: go on just book it
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed April 19, 2013

The price was reasonable; however the quality of the room is not 4 star. The room décor was very dated and tired. I had to ask for a quieter room due to the noise from the nearby bars. So be sure to ask for a quiet room or at least a room not facing the front of the hotel. The breakfast was on a special rate and was tasty with friendly service. I would not necessarily stay here again but if you are looking for good value, then give it a try. Just don't expect a real 4 star.

Room Tip: Request a quiet room near the back of the hotel.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
hgibson, Head of Sales & Revenue at Wellington Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 25, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at the Wellington Park Hotel. There is a continuing bedroom refurbishment programme which is well underway.
The Hotel is on 4 floors, set back from the main street with 140 car parking spaces. Noise isn't usually a problem but, as with any well located city centre property, it can be hoisy occasionally.
Room at the Wellington Park Hotel are alwayes considered excellent value and thank you for highlighting that.

All the best,

Helen

Reviewed April 16, 2013

If you are looking for a four-star hotel that offers five-star service all at a reasonable price in Belfast, I highly recommend the Wellington Park Hotel. I look forward to going back there again soon.

I stayed at the Wellington Park Hotel, Belfast from April 6 to 14 and I had a wonderful time.
All the basics were excellent, from a very silent and well-heated room that ensured plenty of good sleep, to great room service and a friendly atmosphere.

Actually the special attention and outstanding service already started before I arrived. One week before departure, I was in touch by email with a wonderful employee at the information desk, who was answering all my questions quickly and precisely. Then after I left, the manager made sure that a package that arrived for me was taken care of properly and forwarded to me.

I arrived in Belfast on April 6 at 8:30 a.m., and needed an early check-in: everything was in order and the room was ready as soon as I arrived at the hotel at 10:00 a.m.

Breakfast was delicious every morning, with great choice between cold and warm dishes. Lunch and dinner were savory too, by myself or with friends and colleagues. The overall friendly and personable atmosphere pervaded the hotel reception, the room service, the restaurant and bar, basically the entire building. This is probably due to the dedication and skills of the hotel manager, and due to excellent teamwork with his staff.

On my last day I was at the lobby a bit earlier than the official opening time, but I was offered a warm breakfast nevertheless since the kitchen was already open. I look forward to being back in Belfast soon, at the Wellington Park Hotel.

Reviewed April 15, 2013

Hotel overall is clean, not very new but it's in a great location and was a great price. The bed was not very comfortable but you get nice bedding and pillows. The only major issue I have was when my fiancé went for breakfast this morning, he was told to serve himself so he assumed it was a continental, when he was finished he was informed that the breakfast was £10 and that it would be charged to the room. If he had known, he would have gone elsewhere as it wasn't a very good breakfast, especially to be paying over $15 CAD for. Yes, he should have asked but overall our experience here has been nice.

Room Tip: I booked on hotels.com and was only offered a double, when we checked in they had a king available a...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Stacy M
Reviewed April 15, 2013

We used the Wellington Park Hotel for two days last week and were, overall, very impressed. While it's not as bright or modern as some hotels these days, the conference facilities were excellent. Clare was very helpful in sorting out all of the arrangements and every single member of staff was friendly and helpful. The hotel provided everything we would need on the days and it was at a very reasonable price.
The only reason we have not given five stars is because the restaurant did not seem to be capable of coping with simple dietary requirements for our lunches, despite having been given good notice. Other than this, a very successful two days and we would definitely use the hotel again for conferences etc.

Reviewed April 14, 2013

I have used this hotel for business visits to Belfast since 1975. It is functional and the staff are attentive and efficient. It is well located compared to the more luxurious hotels which are either in traffic congested city centre or too far out in the suburbs. It has secure parking which is free to residents and vistors who spend money in the hotel. It has large indoor and outdoor lounges and a good range of meeting rooms. I notice it is very well equipped for the disabled. The executive bedrooms (I paid £80 including breakfast) are excellent. Free wifi works well including (which some hotels dont, VPN). Buffet breakfast (including the Ulster Heart Attack Fry) is ok except for the scrambled eggs. I wouldnt stay here for leisure but its a great location and very reasonable if you are doing business in Belfast and it is well known (affectionately as "The welly Boot") so you dont have to give directions to clients. I understand it is going through a face lift which is probably a little overdue. I wish it well and will contunue to support it.

Room Tip: Ask for an executive room. If theres a function such as a party or wedding be prepared to stay up la...
Reviewed April 9, 2013

After holding a conference in the hotel at the end of March 2013 I would highly recommend the hotel. Many thanks to Clare the events coordinator for all her help, nothing was too much trouble. Great venue & facilities for a conference!!

Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business