Wellington Park Hotel
Agoda.com
$82
PremierInn.com
  • Restaurant
All reviewsqueens universitycity centremalone roadlounge areaulster museumbotanical gardenswedding receptionfrom start to finishwellywelliesconferencediscostudentspubsfoyer
Reviewed January 26, 2013

Having visited this hotel for different functions I've always been more impressed with the food etc so we decided to have a wedding show around for our upcoming wedding. Unfortunately day appointments do not suit our busy schedule and so we had an appointment with the general manager.
We arrived on Friday early evening to a very quiet hotel: approximately 2 guests in the spacious reception area and us. We were approached by the GM who called me by the wrong name: when I corrected him, his excuse was he couldn't read; despite my name being totally different.
All in all the wedding showaround lasted approx 10 minutes. He didn't go through any packages, options etc as we hadn't any idea of prices etc. I felt he was in a hurry to get home so our visit was rushed.
I definitely won't be picking here, judging by how uncomfortable we were made to feel.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
hgibson, Head of Sales & Revenue at Wellington Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 6, 2013

Dear Bubblyangel

This is certainly not typical of any customer interaction the Wellington Park Hotel. We are very sorry for the upset caused to you and have sent you a private message so that the matter can be discussed in more detial with the GM.

Yours sincerely,

Helen

Reviewed January 25, 2013

Stayed here the start of Jan on business. Great central location on the Malone rd. Hotel itself is great, very freindly staff on reception and in the restaurant. I had a lovely evening meal in the restaurant and a fantastic breakfast with a full range on offer the following morning. the bedroom was fine and I had a very comfortable nights sleep.
Will return on my next Belfast visit.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank mugga12
Reviewed January 23, 2013

Hotel honoured bookings at later date because of flight problems. Really good quality rooms, bars restuarant entertainment and nothing was to much trouble for the staff. Close to good bars Queens university and close enough to town. Had loads of family join us on Saturaday and all had a wnberdful time

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed January 23, 2013

I stayed here recently with my wife while on a working trip to Queen's University. The lounge area is big but a bit dated but my stay was very comfortable. The hotel and rooms are very clean and tidy. I had a double room facing the side road which was very quiet. The room itself has plenty of space and is comfortable . Because it's situated in a student area, near a disco bar, there is inevitable some street noise but this isn't so bad. The staff are friendly and helpful, particularly at breakfast. Two suggestions: some drawers in the room for storage and bigger bath towels. I recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: try and get a room facing the side road as they are quiter
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed January 2, 2013

Travelled from Dublin for the weekend to catch up with friends over the festive period. This hotel is in a great location surrounded by great bars and pubs. The hotel was extremely clean and the room itself was very comfortable! After reading previous reviews I was sceptical about the group booking however based on the value I decided to book after a recommendation from a colleague. When We arrived the staff was extremely friendly and the atmosphere was what you would expect from a city hotel. We then decided to dine at the bar and grill, both service and food was fantastic! We decided to stay, experience the cocktails and enjoy the live entertainment! All in all what a great stay and most definitely we will back again!

Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends