“Nice hotel”

Wellington Park Hotel
Ranked #33 of 44 Hotels in Belfast
Reviewed January 23, 2013

I stayed here recently with my wife while on a working trip to Queen's University. The lounge area is big but a bit dated but my stay was very comfortable. The hotel and rooms are very clean and tidy. I had a double room facing the side road which was very quiet. The room itself has plenty of space and is comfortable . Because it's situated in a student area, near a disco bar, there is inevitable some street noise but this isn't so bad. The staff are friendly and helpful, particularly at breakfast. Two suggestions: some drawers in the room for storage and bigger bath towels. I recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: try and get a room facing the side road as they are quiter
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
There are newer reviews for Wellington Park Hotel

Reviewed January 2, 2013

Travelled from Dublin for the weekend to catch up with friends over the festive period. This hotel is in a great location surrounded by great bars and pubs. The hotel was extremely clean and the room itself was very comfortable! After reading previous reviews I was sceptical about the group booking however based on the value I decided to book after a recommendation from a colleague. When We arrived the staff was extremely friendly and the atmosphere was what you would expect from a city hotel. We then decided to dine at the bar and grill, both service and food was fantastic! We decided to stay, experience the cocktails and enjoy the live entertainment! All in all what a great stay and most definitely we will back again!

Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank Suzanne M
Reviewed December 31, 2012

Stayed at the Wellington park while in Belfast doing some Christmas shopping. Myself and a friend stayed there and we're very happy with our stay. Our room was comfortable and clean and the hotel itself is in a great location. It was close enough to the centre but had other places close by. The staff were very helpful and the trip was great value for money as the price was very reasonable. Would definitely recommend to others for a short trip for its convenience, comfort and value.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Maria F
Reviewed December 30, 2012

Having booked the wellington through laterooms I was pleased with the value and looked forward to the service associated with a 4* hotel. However, on arriving to the room I decided to freshen up before going out to dinner... Unfortunately the cold tap came off in my hand.. Turning to towel rail i noticed it was barely hanging onto the wall. Looking round the bathroom I thought it was quite grubby, especially the mould on the ceiling above the bath. At this point I decided a coffee was needed, may be I should have had something stronger. Before I headed out for the night I decided to shower... Unfortunately, although water did come out of the shower, it was so cold I couldnt feel my feet after 30 seconds. Nevertheless, I enjoyed a night out in belfast though I wasnt looking forward to the cold shower in the morning. In the morning, ignoring the broken cold tap and the Titanic themed shower, I chanced the bath.. Finally... Hot water. However, having settled in the bath, the lights flickered and a second later I was in pitch darkness.. On checking out, I mentioned these problems to the lady at check in.. She just said, you should have called us.. How silly of me.. Anyway, to say the least I wont be back, especially when another 20 quid would have got me an apartment with the Malone Lodge hotel.. To be honest, I've had better 4* service in McDonalds..

• Stayed: December 2012
hgibson, Head of Sales & Revenue at Wellington Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 1, 2013

Thank you for your comments and feedback. We are very sorry about the issues you encountered but fail to understand why you didn't make us aware of the problem during your stay giving the Hotel an opportunity to recfity matters to your complete satisfaction.

Reviewed December 17, 2012

I stayed on 16/12/2012 when I was getting a drink from the residents bar the bar man spilled a drink and expected me to pay for it ,when I pointed out his mistake he would not except that he was at fault,when I asked to speak to a manager , I got six members of a security team instead,were at that point I felt so scared and intimated that I retired to my bed ,when I spoke to a manager about my horrific ordeal that happened the night before he ensured me that he would speak to the bar man in question,which I have no doubt iny mind this did not happen,I think it is a disgrace that in this day and age you cannot point out someones mistake with out being bullied.

2  Thank hamster87
hgibson, Head of Sales & Revenue at Wellington Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 20, 2012

As one of the longest standing Hotels in Belfast, we have a lot of experience in dealing with busy bars and Christmas party goers over the festive period. As a licensed premises it is illegal to allow "disorderly conduct" to occur. While Trip Advisor is a platform for comment and you are entitled to your view, we make no apology for ensuring that our customers are in a safe and comfortable environment and not disturbed by undesirable behaviour.

Reviewed December 17, 2012

recently we had our xmas dinner there and decided to stay overnight. We booked the room and arrived in our room around 6pm and decided to have a few drinks before the meal. I brought with me a few drinks for the room and myself and 2 other had a few drinks in the room, There was very little noise being made in the room and on the way out through the door we were met by an employee and a member of the door staff. The employee demanded we hand over our drinks and walked straight into the room ( without permission )removing 2 bottles of budwieser a litre bottle of captain morgans which had been opened and 2 teacups of captain morgans had been drank out and a bottle of west coast cooler.we were told we could collect them in the morning. On departing we asked for our drinks to our shock over half of the bottle of captain morgans had been drank and the 2 bottles of budwieser was nowhere to be seen. Not only is this in my eyes theft but also how can you trust a hotel with your possessions if an employee can walk into your room without permission ! the manager then said he wasnt on that night and offered us breakfast to which we declined but refunded us 15 pound for the bottle . not happy at all

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank mark p

Firstly, only alcohol purchased on the premises can be consumed on the premises . After midnight, attention was drawn to the room by other guests who were complaining about noise and it was only then that the excessive amounts of alcohol was noticed and was confiscated. This would be standard in any hotel. Licensees have a duty of care to all customers , particularly where the consumption of alcohol on the premises is concerned and we are duty bound to look after all our customers.

Reviewed December 9, 2012 via mobile

I believe they must have purchased 3 out of their 4 stars!! Just terrible from check in to check out, decor is beyond dated & the staff are just uninterested & rude!!! The reception area reminds me on a school canteen! Never ever again.

• Stayed: December 2012
hgibson, Head of Sales & Revenue at Wellington Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 13, 2012

Dear DinkyDog
I have sent you a private message to get in touch regarding your review. I hope you will get in touch so that we can sort this problem to your complete satisfaction.

I look forward to hearing from you,

Helen