“Bathroom Disaster”

Wellington Park Hotel
Ranked #30 of 44 Hotels in Belfast
“Bathroom Disaster”
Reviewed December 30, 2012

Having booked the wellington through laterooms I was pleased with the value and looked forward to the service associated with a 4* hotel. However, on arriving to the room I decided to freshen up before going out to dinner... Unfortunately the cold tap came off in my hand.. Turning to towel rail i noticed it was barely hanging onto the wall. Looking round the bathroom I thought it was quite grubby, especially the mould on the ceiling above the bath. At this point I decided a coffee was needed, may be I should have had something stronger. Before I headed out for the night I decided to shower... Unfortunately, although water did come out of the shower, it was so cold I couldnt feel my feet after 30 seconds. Nevertheless, I enjoyed a night out in belfast though I wasnt looking forward to the cold shower in the morning. In the morning, ignoring the broken cold tap and the Titanic themed shower, I chanced the bath.. Finally... Hot water. However, having settled in the bath, the lights flickered and a second later I was in pitch darkness.. On checking out, I mentioned these problems to the lady at check in.. She just said, you should have called us.. How silly of me.. Anyway, to say the least I wont be back, especially when another 20 quid would have got me an apartment with the Malone Lodge hotel.. To be honest, I've had better 4* service in McDonalds..

• Stayed December 2012
hgibson, Head of Sales & Revenue at Wellington Park Hotel, responded to this review, January 1, 2013
Thank you for your comments and feedback. We are very sorry about the issues you encountered but fail to understand why you didn't make us aware of the problem during your stay giving the Hotel an opportunity to recfity matters to your complete satisfaction.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (95)
Reviewed December 17, 2012

I stayed on 16/12/2012 when I was getting a drink from the residents bar the bar man spilled a drink and expected me to pay for it ,when I pointed out his mistake he would not except that he was at fault,when I asked to speak to a manager , I got six members of a security team instead,were at that point I felt so scared and intimated that I retired to my bed ,when I spoke to a manager about my horrific ordeal that happened the night before he ensured me that he would speak to the bar man in question,which I have no doubt iny mind this did not happen,I think it is a disgrace that in this day and age you cannot point out someones mistake with out being bullied.

2 Thank hamster87
hgibson, Head of Sales & Revenue at Wellington Park Hotel, responded to this review, December 20, 2012
As one of the longest standing Hotels in Belfast, we have a lot of experience in dealing with busy bars and Christmas party goers over the festive period. As a licensed premises it is illegal to allow "disorderly conduct" to occur. While Trip Advisor is a platform for comment and you are entitled to your view, we make no apology for ensuring that our customers are in a safe and comfortable environment and not disturbed by undesirable behaviour.

Travelers are raving about these Belfast hotels

portadown
Reviewed December 17, 2012

recently we had our xmas dinner there and decided to stay overnight. We booked the room and arrived in our room around 6pm and decided to have a few drinks before the meal. I brought with me a few drinks for the room and myself and 2 other had a few drinks in the room, There was very little noise being made in the room and on the way out through the door we were met by an employee and a member of the door staff. The employee demanded we hand over our drinks and walked straight into the room ( without permission )removing 2 bottles of budwieser a litre bottle of captain morgans which had been opened and 2 teacups of captain morgans had been drank out and a bottle of west coast cooler.we were told we could collect them in the morning. On departing we asked for our drinks to our shock over half of the bottle of captain morgans had been drank and the 2 bottles of budwieser was nowhere to be seen. Not only is this in my eyes theft but also how can you trust a hotel with your possessions if an employee can walk into your room without permission ! the manager then said he wasnt on that night and offered us breakfast to which we declined but refunded us 15 pound for the bottle . not happy at all

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank mark p
Firstly, only alcohol purchased on the premises can be consumed on the premises . After midnight, attention was drawn to the room by other guests who were complaining about noise and it was only then that the excessive amounts of alcohol was noticed and was confiscated. This would be standard in any hotel. Licensees have a duty of care to all customers , particularly where the consumption of alcohol on the premises is concerned and we are duty bound to look after all our customers.
Aussie
Reviewed December 9, 2012 via mobile

I believe they must have purchased 3 out of their 4 stars!! Just terrible from check in to check out, decor is beyond dated & the staff are just uninterested & rude!!! The reception area reminds me on a school canteen! Never ever again.

• Stayed December 2012
hgibson, Head of Sales & Revenue at Wellington Park Hotel, responded to this review, December 13, 2012
Dear DinkyDog
I have sent you a private message to get in touch regarding your review. I hope you will get in touch so that we can sort this problem to your complete satisfaction.

I look forward to hearing from you,

Helen
Belfast, Northern Ireland, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 3, 2012

We arranged our civil partnership at the wellington for October 2012 and the staff were very helpful and encouraging on the day. The wedding packages are great quality and pretty much everything you need for the plus the service you receive is worth it. The staff went above and beyond and made our wedding day so amazing. Everything went perfect and we could not have wished for a more memorable day. From start to finish it all went smoothly due to the amazing staff. As we had approx 100 guests which at least 20 were kids they were very patient and understanding and made all the guests very comfortable to ensure that they enjoyed themselves. We had our photos taken at Botanic and was greeted back at the hotel with champagne and a great welcome. The food was excellent as was the wine and champagne. All our family have not stopped talking about it and we look back at our photos and smile knowing we chose a great place to share our special day with our family and friends. We stayed in the bridal suite which has an upstairs and this was great or hair and make up for our big day. A new suite is to be renovated by end of 2012. Would definitely recommend this hotel for a wedding and any other occasion.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Lisa C
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 28, 2012

We used this hotel to provide accommodation for delegates attending a conference at the university in term time. The location was good for Queens University Riddel Hall,standard of accommodation was very good, every member of staff was very helpful and the booking process through Billy Wong went extremely smoothly. Thank you, that made my life much easier. We would use this hotel again when in Belfast and would recommend it to others without hesitation.

Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank S W
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed November 22, 2012

I checked in late, around midnight, for one night on a work trip. There was no hassle, check in was quick and the staff i met were friendly. The room was large, not too hot or stuffy, the bed was comfortable, the bathroom was a good size and the shower was nice. The only drawback was that one of the pillows on the single bed (there was also a double in the room) had a brown stain on it. Apart from that, i had an uneventful and pleasant night's stay here.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business