“just the ticket!!”

Wellington Park Hotel
Ranked #33 of 44 Hotels in Belfast
Reviewed October 15, 2012

On Friday night past I hosted a charity evening at the Wellington park hotel.
From starting to organise right through to leaving the hotel, I found the staff at the hotel to be very helpful, friendly and accomodating.
Unfortunately, for various reasons, the number of guests expected did not materialise, but the hotel was able and willing to accommodate us in a slightly smaller room and still exceeded our expectations in regards to the service we received.
The meal started slightly later than expected but upon getting the nod, the starter appeared within about a minute .
The food was very enjoyable indeed and we had what was one of our most successful evenings in terms of guest enjoyment .
I would like to thank the banqueting stall especially for such an enjoyable evening and I would have absolutely no hesitation in recommending this hotel for any function

Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
There are newer reviews for Wellington Park Hotel

Reviewed October 8, 2012

Although not 4 star, don't be put off, very clean, although some of the furniture in the very large lounge area is a bit tired. staff friendly and helpful. Room quite small, again clean, poor selection of toiletries, so bring your own. We had a walk in shower, no bath. Plenty of tea and coffee. room very quite, and black out curtains certainly help you sleep. We popped into the pub next door...the Botanical Inn, cheap Guinness £2.50 per pint until 9pm. food is what you would expect in a pub. Beware, pub is very noisy.

Breakfast was £10.00 per head, and a bit disappointing, self service, all the usual suspects, but sadly over cooked and greasy.

There is a Chinese restaurant, just down the road, very good, although not cheap. There is a convenience store just opposite the hotel, excellent selection of pies, sandwiches and everything you would expect from a convenience, beers and wine store

This hotel is idea for exploring the local area, ie Queens. The Botanical gardens is a 3 minute walk away, open from 8 - dusk, and is free. Queens University, again a 5 minute walk is stunning.

Taxi from the City airport was £13.60

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 5, 2012

At the end of Sept'12 I organised a retirement event at the Wellington Park Hotel for 40 + guests. We choose the hot buffet menu and the hotel did the rest. Fantastic service, right down to the personalised menus on the table! We had a very comfortable room with additional overflow/ quiet areas and the hotel organised a DJ. We had a fantastic night and I will certainly be back for future events. Staff, especially Clare in events, were all very helpful and made our night very memorable. Price, quality of food, venue and entertainmant were truely excellent.

Room Tip: We held a retirment dinner, so no info on room.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Bronagh M
Reviewed October 4, 2012

Nice hotel with polite staff and great breakfast. We didn't drink there as there's a pub within 25ft and a choice of local places for dinner (we had dinner at Ryans - just around the corner). There's a very good convenience store just across the road, a nightclub nearby(never heard any noise from the hotel however) and you're a 10 minute Taxi journey to most of Belfast.

Rooms were big enough, towells were replaced daily and everything was clean - we even had digital TV once we'd worked it out.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank uksupafly
Reviewed October 2, 2012

I stayed here with my wife on 11th August for a family wedding. On entering the hotel grounds I found that it was ticket only which I found was very secure at first until realising next morning that you had to pay for your over night stay. Surely having spent the money for a night's stay the parking should have been free seeing as I was a resident and not just parking up for the night. The service of food during our meals was poor. The staff were very pleasant and nice however the wait between main course and dessert was extortionately long. Having just got married in June in the Clarion Hotel carrickfergus I feel that the service in the clarion was far superior to that of this hotel. May I add that the clarion is only 3* I was also appalled at the decor of the rooms and the cleanliness of the rooms. Having stayed here now it is safe to say that I won't be back. The old saying goes once bitten twice shy.

• Stayed: August 2012
1  Thank Allan1583
Reviewed October 2, 2012

Had a 25th wedding anniversary here, and I could not have asked any more from the staff on such an important day! They took all of our banners and cakes and decorated the place beautifully. They catered for the 20 children with such professionalism, and the 60 adults with a few drinks and too many bad jokes even better! The carvery meal was excellent too. The do finished at 5:30pm but they even let us all stay for a lot longer, and still laughed at our horrific jokes!! Made our special day all the better, couldn't recommend it more!

• Stayed: September 2012
Reviewed October 2, 2012

I would like to congratulate the Wellington Park Hotel on an excellent overall level of service. We booked 18 rooms over 2 nights and also held a Gala Ball (175 people), some meetings and a small evening function. The standard of food was really good and the hotel was clean and well presented. However it was the level of staff service which most impressed me. The hotel staff could not do enough to help. Malchy Toner (General Manager) was very helpful and attentive throughout the entire weekend. He was very ably supported by Stephen Gallagher who helped the Northern Ireland Judo Federation and the British Judo Federation put on a fantastic Gala Ball on the Saturday evening. All of the arrangements (including several changes and last minute additions) were accommodated without any fuss. My thanks go to Clare Smith and Billy (from corporate bookings) for all of their help and assistance. I cannot rate this hotel highly enough. Ricky Sloane – Chairman NIJF.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business