“good day out”
Review of W5

W5
Ranked #12 of 231 things to do in Belfast
Reviewed February 18, 2013

Lots of activities for the kids and good value for an all day pass. Would like to see more regular changes, though, to layout and activities or otherwise it isn't something that you would come back to again and again

Reviewed February 15, 2013

Sorry but went with the family for the second time after a gap of a few years. I found it too expensive for two adults and three children. Most of the exhibits are showing signs of great wear and tear and some are not working at all. Better to save your money and go to the Ulster Museum instead.

2  Thank rossmax
Reviewed February 12, 2013

I went her a few times when i was younger. It was great fun as we done it as a family, it was a great day altogether, it is brilliantly laid out and has something for everyone!

Reviewed February 11, 2013

My sister and I took her three children (a 3 year old and 2 year old twins) here while off work at Christmas. It cost around £21 for admission (I didn't pay) and as far as I understand the twins went free due to their age. There's a lovely play area for this age group with a pretend supermarket, garage, music studio, water and sand play areas and the children loved it for about an hour, running around sampling a bit of everything.

Some of the equipment doesn't work - needed batteries or charged or whatever and I felt it was a little old and dated. An hour was more than enough for this age group as they got fed up so with this in mind, the admission fee is quite hefty for an hours play.

There's a huge interactive section for older kids and we wandered through it, but the children we had with us were much too young to get involved or enjoy it.

A good way to spend an hour or two with young kids - if you have the money to spend and don't mind parting with it for an hours play.

Reviewed February 10, 2013

Great place for all the family, enjoyed it so much we got a season pass. There are loads of activities and sights for adults & kids alike. Very easy to walk around spend a few hours. There is a dedicated kids section which is designed to stimulate all there senses and my toddler has great fun everytime we go. There is also a nice cafe which serves tea/coffee, buns, sandwhiches etc. You can also bring your own packed lunch & sit in the designated area. Highly recommended.