“Great host-Quaint rooms.”

Ranked #12 of 48 Belfast B&B and Inns
Indianapolis, Indiana, United States
“Great host-Quaint rooms.”
Reviewed August 5, 2013 via mobile

Peter was a great host. The rooms were quaint but had all the necessities. Breakfast room was well stocked. The bus stop was very close and there were other places very close to walk for dinner. We stay for four nights over a weekend. We felt safe and comfortable.

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank Donna E

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 13, 2013

noisy constant banging of doors from early hours of morning to well into night. Hotel, if you can call it that, was very basic fine if you are students passing through but definitely would not recommend it mattresses were dirty toilet/bathroom had to be shared with all other guests. If you intend to visit Belfast for relaxing weekend this is not the place to stay and most certainly would never ever recommend this hotel to anyone - not even an enemy if I had one!!

Room Tip: all rooms the same very basic mattresses badly stained sink filthy toilet had to be shared with unkn...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Valerie M
Madrid, Spain
Reviewed March 5, 2013

I have to say "Very good" becase in Parador I enjoyed a lot with the staff,in the bar and as student it was very quiet to prepare my degree. The staff was excellent, specially the cook and the housekeeper always looked after me and give me everything what I needed and support me everyday in my long stay, they are professionals in their job, I do not have any complaint of them. The waiters and waitresses were also very kind with me. Otherwise, the manager was very rude with me and I am very disappointed with the things I heard to me when something was broken, as for example the shower, heating, etc. so the building is old. As a customer I needed to use all the facilities daily. He fixed everything as quicker as he could, but the manners where not the most appropiate. I didn't like to be alone at night without any alarm in the hotel, I felt really scared, the alarm is situated only in the bar and kitchen and I think it is very dangerous for the customers, more when you have to go out from your roomto go to the toilet. In my opinion, rooms should be "en suite" in a hotel. The toilet and the alarm are essential to be a clean person and to feel safe as a customer. The phone in my room never worked. Some weekends were noisy with rude people who broke everything. I insist that I said "Very good" because of the staff, specially the cook and the housekeeper. Too many issues should be changed in Parador. It is very expensive and the facilities are old. The management should pay more attention to the customer and not to show to the customer how much they love the money they can get, because the customer would go back in a great atmosphere, not in a materialistic atmosphere, my experience has taught me this.

Room Tip: Book the rooms at the top, they are quieter in weekends and some of them have a shower.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Miss X
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed October 28, 2012

Stayed there two nights over a weekend. After booking this place we realized they have "live" music and we'll be trying to sleep above it?? It was not a problem! Bar downstairs with very friendly and helpful staff and a place you know didn't start business yesterday. Bed was comfortable as was the room. It's not a 5 star hotel, but the shower was hot, the bed comfortable, the breakfast is nothing to write home about but we don't need bacon and eggs every morning, now do we? Parking was not a problem as you just park on the street.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank o2bnkd
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 30, 2012

I only needed a place to rest whilst in Belfast for a conference. My room was basic, with shower, desk and washbasin, but everything was very clean and in tip-top shape and Peter, the friendliest and hardest-working man in Belfast, was fantastic!

Don't be put off by previous negative reviews. It seems they didn't do their research or couldn't sort out basic problems on their own. We didn't demand much but the staff and even the bar patrons welcomed us wholeheartedly and went out of their way to make us comfortable. Will definitely return the next time I'm in Belfast.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank burqagirl2
Leeds, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 15, 2012

I found the room basic but suited my needs well as i just needed a bed at night. The shower in the room had great water pressure. The bar down stairs had a good relaxed vibe and the locals are happy for a chat and give some information. Hotel is in a good location only 15min walk into city centre. The most positive aspect though was the staff they were very friendly and happy to share information and give advice on where to go and what to do

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 5, 2012

On the border between been low-standard and a matter for Trading Standards.
Room not up to any basic standards, and endless list of problems.
I mentioned a few of them to the manager on Sunday morning before leaving:
1. The room window had metal bars on the outside, and it did not stay open unless propped up with a drawer;
2. When I managed to open the window, I was woken up by the smell of smoke entering my room overnight from cigarette butts thrown onto the area outside my window by guests illegally smoking in the rooms above mine;
I believe the two facts above put The Parador in breach of fire safety regulations.

3. The main light switch near the bed did not work;
4. The light above the sink did not work;
5. The bedroom stank of air freshener;
6. The noise from the pub downstairs did not stop at 12 as I was erroneously reassured by the manager on Saturday night, but went on well into the small hours of Sunday morning.
7. The tv remote control was missing; [this is the only problem that I was informed about before taking the room.]
8. The breakfast was unacceptably basic by any "Continental Breakfast" standard, unless the continent referred to is Africa (around Somalia, or any area affected by famine or civil war).

When I complained on Sunday morning, the manager informed me that she did not have the authority to offer me a refund.
Conveniently the person responsible was not on the premises at the time.
I left them my phone number but nobody from The Parador contacted me after I left.
The amount of problems with the room was unacceptable and spoiled my sleep and overnight stay.
I checked my room on the Saturday night but I could not imagine that so many of the features of the room did not work.
I believe that Parador Guest House is breaking basic fire safety rules and regulations, by not enforsing the "No Smoking"rules, and by having metal bars room windows.
I felt totally ripped off and taken advantage of.

Room Tip: Sleep in the car instead.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled solo