“Friendly staff and everything you need”
Review of The Parador

The Parador
Ranked #13 of 50 Belfast B&B and Inns
Reviewed May 27, 2012

Stayed here very recently with my boyfriend and got an agreeable deal at short notice. Rooms were clean, hot shower in the room and comfortable beds. Breakfast in the morning and no rush to get out in the mornings. Friendly staff, great atmosphere in the downstairs bar, all over great 2 night's stay would definately recommend and stay again!

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Rachael S

Reviewed February 17, 2012

I stayed here a while back with my husband. It is a real traditional place with great staff who are very friendly and made us feel very welcome. Don't be put off by there not being a reception area, the staff all know whats happening and are more than happy to help. I really would reccomend this place to anyone looking a nice cheap friendly night away!

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Sheila H
Reviewed May 17, 2011

My Wife and I stayed here in May 2011 as part of our Ireland holiday and, quite frankly, this was the worst place we stayed in. As other reviewers have stated, this is a pub with guest rooms as a sideline. There is NO reception. There was NO maid service; our room wasn't cleaned nor the beds made during our two night stay. The continental breakfast was a joke. There was no cold meats, no cheese, no croissants. All there was was some cereals in packets, coffee and bread to make toast. One morning we went for breakfast and there was no butter and on another there was no milk. At £50 per room per night they are not cheap either! As there was nobody about in the morning there was nobody to complain to.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Irving And Wend... M
Reviewed January 17, 2011

Me and my boyfriend booked in too stay for the night and it was awful! First of all there is no reception never mind a receptionist so we had to stand and wait at a very busy bar to check in, we were lead to our room that was tiny and extremely warm. Once we had settled in we noticed a USED condom lying behind the door not to mention hardened blood on the the outter sheets. We tried to get some sleep (without the sheets) but woke at 5 in the morning wanting to leave. There was NO night porter on at all, actually there wasnt anyone!! So we couldnt leave as the whole place was locked up! States a continental breakfast is served from 8 but there seemed to be no-one there but ourselfs. We ended up being stuck in the hell hole until after 11 when someone fiinally made it in the open the bar, was AWFUL!
The place is nothing more than a pick up joint that people from the downstairs bars use when they pull. I honestly wouldnt recommend it to anyone! £50 a night is a clear rip off!

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled as a couple
5  Thank moi_cheree
Reviewed May 2, 2010

booked in with my sister 2 celebrate her birthday and couldnt have been more pleased, i would reccommend this hotel 2 everyone and i will definitely be back!! the staff are amazing theyre so friendly andmake u feel socomfortable they couldnt have done more for us, the rooms were immaculate thanks 2margaret the housekeeper who is lovely and to be honest havin stayed in other larger hotels in belfast the rooms here were much nicer, the food was unbelievable and the pints r great!!!! we didnt want 2 leave the placeand cant wait 2 return!!! peter the manager is a smashing guy and constantly tried 2make r stay more enjoable and the barmaid was a lovely girl i have nothing negative at all to add!!

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 2, 2009

I spent a long weekend at the Parador with my partner in August.

We arrived at the Parador tired after our flight but we were soon cheered up by the friendly staff and locals in the bar. The room was pretty basic to be honest but you get what you pay for!

We spent Saturday afternoon shopping and sight seeing in Belfast. The Parador is only a mile from downtown Belfast.

We returned to the Parador late afternoon and had a great night with the locals. What a bunch of real Belfast characters! We had so much fun we forgot about our resturant reservation!

I had a car hired for sight seeing on Sunday but I woke up with a sore head and wandered into the bar where I met another bunch of middle aged guys watching a gaelic hurling match. They were a real friendly bunch so I ended up staying to watch the game and sample some real good Guinness.

Overall we had a great weekend in Belfast but it wasn't what we had planned! The hotel is below average but has a certain charm (think Fawelty Towers). The staff are friendly and attentive but it was the locals in the Parador bar that made it! Some of those guys should be on the stage!

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled as a couple
2  Thank HerbYankinLondon
Reviewed September 1, 2009

Its not the ritz but its clean and the staff are very helpful – I only stayed one night but I would stay here again as I felt very comfortable and as it was a short visit I didn’t mind the small room and sharing the bathroom.
Its not a bad wee place to rest your head ! I was very happy with the service

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled with friends