“A second home”
Review of Madison's Hotel

Madison's Hotel
Ranked #35 of 45 Hotels in Belfast
Reviewed June 10, 2010

i have been staying at Madison's since last November on a regular monthly basis whilst attending a training course. The staff are all great, professional and fun. I particularly appreciated this on my last stay when i needed some help due to being plastered, of the "of paris" type, to my right hand!

Thoroughly recommend a stay with them and I will certainly be back asap.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled on business

Reviewed May 13, 2010

Well where I start,
I started frequenting this hotel in 2005 and I wouldn’t use any other hotel in Belfast I have in the past but none of them rank in my opinion half as good as Madison’s,
The question you have to ask is what do you want in a hotel? well Madison’s your stay starts so well with the radiant smile of Coleen or Tina as you walk through the door that makes you feel like you have been here before, the whole feel and ambiance of Madison’s relaxes you from the outset, the Guinness is amazing and the food is to die for, Madison’s isn’t just a hotel it’s a way of life it’s like one big family and they will welcome not only into the hotel's family but their hearts too.
They always remember your name and will always spend time chatting to you.
I hope that you too come to Madison’s and see that even away from your own house you find a home.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed April 25, 2010

I stayed with my husband for 2 night in April for a weekend break. The hotel was of an excellent standard for 3 star, large room with a huge bathroom and bed with very modern and tasteful furnishings. Very quiet despite being on a main road - we looked on to a kind of courtyard on the roof if that makes sense (room 308) and heard no noise whatsover. Staff excellent and the maid service one of the best I have experienced. The hotel is located very centrally and there is no end of bars, restaurants etc on your doorstep. Hotels own bar and restaurant very good and reasonable prices. For what we paid we were very, very impressed. I find it hard to understand the negative reviews as we could find no faults whatsoever.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 15, 2010

We chose this local hotel for a short break to try and shake the winter blues & credit crunch, the only regret we have is that we didn't stay longer! Staff were amazing, obviously very happy in their work, that was apparent from the minute we arrived and met the receptionist. The room was large well presented and spotlessly clean, we were within walking distance to the city centre amenities, and staff were able to guide us in relation to local attractions etc...we dined in the hotel - breakfast and dinner - the standard of the food and service was amazing. We'll certainly be back and may bring a few more friends.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 24, 2010

My husband and I stayed here Valentine's weekend. Great location, noise was not a problem as other reviews had said. We had a lovely meal in the restaurant before going out, good prices in restaurant . Bar staff very friendy especially young waitress and barman who gave good directions,but everthing is very central. A special word of thanks to Coleen at reception who is so friendly, professional and helpful. Late checkout is great,and they let you leave your bags at reception when you checkout so you can shop even more before you get your luggage to go home, Thanks Coleen and all the staff !!!

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Sheelagh M
Reviewed February 21, 2010

I am just back from a weekend in Madisons. The hotel was beautiful and located right in the city and close to all the nightlife. The staff were friendly and helpful and the food was georgeous. I would definately stay here again when I return to Belfast.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 11, 2010

Checked in monday evening 8th february 9.45pm. Not sure how long i would be staying in Belfast, i paid cash for monday nights stay. Went on out for the evening, on returning to the hotel that evening, i paid upfront for another nights stay(tuesday) as i was aware at this stage i would be staying at least 1 more night and i did not want to be out of my room by 12 he following morning. All fine. Having been on business all day tuesday, returning to the hotel tuesday evening around midnight, i got showered and headed to a local club with some friends. I returned to the hotel around 4am on wednesday morning, and after purchasing some drinks from the hotel bar, i paid the night porter for 1 more nights stay (wednesay) for exactly the same resons i had done so the night before. All fine.
However, on checking out of the hotel on thursday morning, the receptionist told me i had 1 nights payment still to pay. I informed him that i was fully paid up and described how i had made the payments. He left the reception area and returned a short tme later to tell me the night porter claimed i had not made any payment with him. I then gave the receptionist exact details of the time i made the payment, my exact location in the bar at the time, and even the denomination of the notes i paid with, and suggested that he checked the security cameras.
He then left the reception, returning to inform me the manager had written off my outstanding balance, and i was to leave the hotel. I asked to speak with the GM, but apparently she was in a meeting that would last more than 1 hour. I then suggested that i leave my luggage at the reception, and return in 1 hour to speak with her. The receptionist told me to leave the hotel immediatley, and never to return!!
Having been involved in the industry in Belfast for many years myself, to say i was appalled by the way i was treated was a massive understatement. 4 or 5 years ago, this was a hotel with a good reputation, and had standards to match. Now, i can fully understand why the cost to stay in this establishment is a fraction of the cost it used to be, and it is still not busy!!
Take some sound advice from someone who knows the business well, and avoid this hotel at all costs!!!!!!!!!

Stayed: February 2010, traveled on business
5  Thank michaelwinner000
madisonshotel, manager at Madison's Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 13, 2010

I have extended my sincere apologies for the events of your stay with us this week. We were left in the impossible situation where our cash payment policy was not followed, as is standard and we recommended that sporadic payments for unknown overnight stays given at random times under the influence of alcohol, is not an ideal senario for anyone. I have discussed this at length with you by telephone and felt that you were hopefully satisfied with my apology and the measures which I will be going to, to ensure we do not have any repitions of these events in the future. Thank you for taking time to leave us your thoughts and feelings about your stay with us, we greatly appreciate any comments which enable us to improve our policy's to make sure every guest has an enjoyable, hassle free and great stay . I hope you would consider visiting us again, we would be delighted to be given a second chance.

Kindest Regards