“Poor food service and the nightclub crowd were v rough” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Madison's Hotel

Madison's Hotel
Ranked #30 of 43 Hotels in Belfast
“Poor food service and the nightclub crowd were v rough”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 4, 2013

Stayed in this hotel for a hen party accommodation and prices were v good however the service in the restaurant both breakfast and dinner was v poor. It took 40 mins for a waiter to come take our order.

Plus the nightclub clientele left a lot to be desired. As a customer here two years ago it was a very different experience.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (144)
  • Greek first
Portadown, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 3, 2013

Hotel lovely central to all but only diwn side is went for meal had squid ti start which was raw sent it back wasn't even asked if we would like something else. Complained to reception nothing done. We were planning on coming back next month with our partners but will probably boo
k somewhere else. The Mcgrattan party room 103

Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 30, 2013

Was enticed to #takebackthecity and #backinbelfast due to all recent campaigns. My friend knew about the deal which was 2 courses for £10 and all cocktails £3 between 6pm and 9pm...we were not disappointed! I enjoyed a lovely brushetta starter with cheese and bacon, my friends had squid, pate and caesar salad...being friends we shared each others and there was not a complaint to be had! The squid was great..not at all rubbery and the pate was homemade!! Let me move to the main courses..one of my friends and I had the most beautiful braised steak with mashed potatoes, the steak was melt in the mouth and so full of flavour! Others had fish cakes which were plentiful (too much in fact and some was left over..imagine!!) I had a little taste and they had the perfect balance of fish and potatoes..the last friend had a burger which you would have needed a ladder to climb! The burger was pure beef and accompanied by onion rings and chips! Now...can you believe we had all this for £10??? Added to this the service was perfect..unobtrusive but extremely helpful at the same time..nothing was too much trouble and we didn't have to wait long until our food arrived or between courses.

Well done Madisons...you have embraced the #backinbelfast campaign and the place was certainly buzzing tonight! Would highly recommend a visit...we had a great nite!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Co Armagh
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 30, 2013

I found the hotel lovely and the staff were very friendly. Check in was quick and we got to our room which was spotless and tastefully decorated. We had called reception to make a dinner reservation who I have to say was very helpful. Dinner was beautiful and plenty on the menu to choose from. Restaurant staff very efficient. Well done!!!!

Isle of Man, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 27, 2013

Well located, really pleasant staff, the hotel is right in the middle of some great nightlife/
Breakfast til 11am and checkout at midday means lots of time for a sleep in.
The breakfast iis a bit disappointing for Belfast with inferior sausage and black pudding but i suppose you can't grumble too much given the price of a room. Don't think about it just book it!

Room Tip: rooms at the back on second floor were quiet but looked in on the back yard. I suspect they will be...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 27, 2013

I stayed in this hotel on the 22nd of jan with my boyfriend as we wer in the city to c a gig!!
the location was perfect 10 min walk to the limelight where the gig was on 15 min walk to the city center for shopping!! we booked on the hotel website and got the january sales price which was super cheap 50 euros for bed and breakfast!
the hotel was nice the reception staff were lovely and helpful. our room was big with a huge bed and big bathroom.
i just have a few comments on the room it smelt like eggs my boyfriend says this is because of sulpher added to the water i got use to the smell after a little while it was just very strong on entering the room. our room could do with a lick of paint lots of marks n splash marks on the walls , we had to try about 7 different internet codes to get the free wifi and the last thing was the duvet was super thin and there was no extra blankets, it had been snowing all week so even though the heating was turned right up it was quite cold in bed!
the breakfast was lovely the next morning.
the bar and restaurant were lovely with cheap cocktails during happy hours we would have loved to try the food maybe if we come back.
overall we enjoyed our stay

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Belfast, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 20, 2013

I booked the hotel very last minute when hearing about their January deal.
B & B for £40 per room per night.
The staff as always (would go to bar / restaurant quite often) were professional and really friendly.
Once I dropped my bags in the room I went downstairs to the bar for a couple of drinks.
Their cocktail offer is VERY popular and I was waiting at least 20 mins to be served (a few students each ordering 4/5 cocktails can really take time!) This was slightly irritating and I think maybe one member of the bar staff could serve people who are looking "regular" drinks that take no time at all to serve but still cost more.
The room was looking out onto Botanic Avenue and although the bathroom was maybe a little tired it was spotless. As it was mid-week (and January) there wasn't really any street noise but at weekends I would say it would be a different story.
There are a lack sockets in the room which can be a pain if you wanted to charge your phone but keep it beside you for an alarm.
After a lovely sleep the breakfast the next morning was great - I ordered off the menu (due to dietary reasons) and there was no problem at all.
I cannot fault this place for their service, location and price - I wish I could treat myself more often!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo