“A wonderful hotel.”
Review of Parkview Lodge

Parkview Lodge
Ranked #37 of 50 Belfast B&B and Inns
Reviewed September 6, 2013

We had a great stay at this hotel. The room was lovely and clean, the beds super comfortable, and the price wonderful! In a nice location with close to transport directly to the city centre. Would definitely come here again!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends

Reviewed August 26, 2013 via mobile

The B&B itself is basic and could probably do with a bit of a make over.

But at £38 for 2 of us for one night, I don't really have any complaints.

The owner wasn't overly friendly on arrival, but we were able to leave our bags as we arrived early so that was helpful.

The room was basic, but clean which again is what we expected for what we had paid. Our room had a double bed and a single with an en suite bathroom.
We had tea and coffee making facilities with tea, coffee, sugar and milk all in the room.
The TV didn't work, but we didn't spend a lot of time in the room so it wasn't a massive issue.

We did not have breakfast so I can't review that.

The owner rang a taxi for us on a couple of occasions - about £5 into the city centre.
Or there's a bus stop at the bottom road with buses regularly arriving for the city centre.

Overall a good stay for the price we paid.

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed August 8, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for a few nights during The World Police & Fire Games. It's nice and quiet so I always got a good nights sleep.
The note was left outside with instructions to get to my room which I thought was really cool.
The room was very basic and not ensuite. It was spotlessly clean and was cleaned daily. I did have a bathroom directly outside the room and another downstairs with a shower. There were never any problems using either and there were also very clean. The 61 bus stops right outside and dropped me right into the city, however I discovered if you walk around the corner there is a busier road with many more buses reducing the waiting time. Parking outside the front door was so convenient and free and this is a quiet and safe area.
I enjoyed returning after a night on the town to a peaceful area and a warm bed. The staff were very friendly also.

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed August 7, 2013

Stayed for 5 nights and had a pleasant stay. I slept well; quiet area with little traffic. My room and bed were quite large, but the toilet was little (an overweight person would have had problems). Friendly staff and good breakfast! Nice location, by the waterworks-park where it was lovely to sit in the sunset. Less than five minutes walk to Antrim Road with frequent buses. From the city centre all the Metro 1 buses (from Upper Queen Street) were passing Antrim Road waterworks.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed July 31, 2013

My son and I stayed here 29 and 30 July 2013 and there's no doubt we would stay again. The value for money is second to none. Francis and Pauline were terrific hosts. I would say the accommodation is basic but clean. Hey, this is a B&B and NOT The Hilton!!!! We were charged £76 in total plus £4 each for the breakfasts (which were excellent).............what a bargain! Don't be put off by the cost thinking it must be rubbish................it most definitely is not. Francis made us feel very welcome by his "down to earth" style. Nothing was too much trouble. The location is a £4 cab ride from the city centre and there is a bus stop right outside, although we didn't use the bus. There's a pub called Cassidy's down the road about a 5 minute walk away..........pop in there too. Very friendly place and full of character. So don't hesitate................book early. Oh and one more thing.....................thanks a million Francis and Mary and good luck!!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed October 3, 2012

I stayed here for 1 night. On arrival there was a note stuck to the front door with my name on giving me clear instructions of how to get into the hotel and which room I would be staying in.

I did not have a problem with this but as other reviewers have advised there is a saftey worry to this as there was another note stuck on for someone else and anyone could walk off the street and enter. This is more a safety concern for the owners as on entering i noticed several mobiles and a computer in the reception area that could be stolen.

Anyhoo on to the room. I was in room 12 which is a single room. It is a basic room and perhaps smidge more expensive then it should be. Paid £32 for the room and £4 for breakfast. I think the room should be £28 a night, especially as the small tv in the room only showed 2 channels and tv reception for both was unwatchable. I think it might have just been mine as i could here the tv on fine next door.

The room was chilly, the radiator did not work but they had a plug in radiator you could use but it made a strange noise when turned on which put me off. The room was not as clean as I would have liked. The bedding/towels was fine but the floor had not been swept properly. I did not use the shower as my experience is they are never any good in B&B's.

I got a very good night sleep, the room faces the back so there is no traffice noise and I could not hear any other guests. Once I was in bed I was warm and toasty thanks to the thick duvet. The bed/pillows was comfy but the bed is terribly creaky.

The next day I went down to breakfast, the women who is not the owner but is the maid/breakfast maker was very pleasant. I was given a small glass of O.J, a small pot of tea which mae 2.5 cups and my cooked breakfast consisted off 1 x bacon, 1 x slice of bread, 2 x perfectly cooked eggs and a small portion of beans. Everything tasted yummy and whilst another slice of bread would have been appreciated I was unable to spread the butter given to me on as it was 5 months out of date, however as the eggs were so perfectly cooked I did not need butter.

All in all yes this place does need a facelist but as its such a large building I imagine this will be costly. I think perhaps the price should be reduced a little to reflect the basic interior. If its a place to lay your head for a night then it is fine, if you are particular on how things look then this place most likely won't be for you.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank natstarr
Reviewed September 2, 2012

Pls ignore the other reviews they seem a tad dramatic to me.stayed here for 2 nites for a wedding. The thing is you get what you pay for,the lodge is 2 converted houses. rooms are basic reminded me of living back with my.mum (but who cares when u just need somewhere to lay your head) bathrooms are shared except a few of the double rooms have showers in (seemed quirky to us to have a random shower cubicle in ur room) but all areas were clean.I didnt hav breakfast here just coz we were up late. Yes it is noisy(floorboards and bed creaky) and old here, things could do with upgrading slightly but we were asked each day if there was anything we needed and rooms were hovered. All staff seemed lovely to us and we were left to get on with our own things (there were 7 of us so prob fairly noisy). As for location it's about 10 mins by bus but they are pretty regular and costs 1.80. There is a Tesco round the corner and we had breakfast at Cassidys just down the road (I'll try to leave a Sep review for this). There's wonderful park opposite the lodge. All in all we enjoyed our stay. Only thing I would recommend is putting sum fruit tea in the rooms for those like me who can't have milk, but if I had asked for it im sure it would hav been accomodated

• Stayed: September 2012