“Absolutely delighted!!!”

Parkview Lodge
Ranked #35 of 49 Belfast B&B and Inns
“Absolutely delighted!!!”
Reviewed March 15, 2012

I had a 3 day stay at Parkview Lodge where I found my cozy single room clean, comfortable and inviting!! The owner on arrival was lovely and helpful and then the lovely lady in the morning cooked me up an absolute feast of a breakfast which I believe has been at the same standard as I've sampled in the local cafes! I was warned that the wireless Internet was available to me only in the lounge room and breakfast room but I had no problems receiving it in my bedroom!!

My sheets and towels were changed for me, which I didn't think was necessary for my 3 day stay but the owners obviously like to maintain the hygiene of the room!

When I missed the breakfast window, the owner lightly knocked on my door 20 mins later to ensure I didn't miss out!

The place was easily accessible by bus or if you walked 5mins down the road there was even more buses running more frequently!!

I didnt have high expectations for the amount I paid for the room so perhaps that is why I am so impressed! I will definately recommend this place to my fellow Australians (and others for that matter) when visiting Belfast!!

• Stayed March 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed October 30, 2011

I have stayed here twice over a few years and would definitely go back again. The owner is very friendly and helpful. I had a small room which had a single bed, TV, kettle and cabinet for clothes. Breakfast is included and it was above average. The only problem I had was that I could not get the wireless internet signal from my room. B&B is very secure with entry code needed for the front entrance. There is a bus stop pretty much straight out the front of B&B which was good to get into the city. I would definitely recommend staying here if you are in Belfast.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled solo
Glasgow
Reviewed June 26, 2011

Accommodation: fine.
Breakfast: not great.
Service: brutally bad.
Cleaners/staff literally walk into the room without knocking. Small window to go down for breakfast. Staff are persistent on waking guests up and do not seem to accept some guests would like a lie in on a Sunday morning.
Wallpaper is peeling off.
Internet signal is a bismal.
On the 'house rules' list, guests are referred to as 'quests.'
No air con or fans are provided; far too hot in rooms!
Overall: do not stay here unless desperate.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
4 Thank kroberts7

Travelers are raving about these Belfast hotels

Port Talbot, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 29, 2011

Stayed there when we ran a PJL Surveys company trip to Northern Ireland with about 6 staff. We all thoroughly enjoyed it . Great welcome, lovely food at breakfast time. Clean and very roomy . Price was surprisingly low considering the facilities. There are some amazingly good restaurants within walking distance . Location is in a quiet area a couple of miles outside the city centre. You will need a taxi but its not too far. Downside is the are is a bit quiet and peaceful about 100 meters to the pubs and restaurants.
The accommodation is now listed on www.Georgebestworld.com amonst a select few of the places recommended to stay visiting Belfast.

Room Tip: Ask when you book
  • Stayed June 2010, traveled on business
2 Thank Lyonresh
Belfast, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 25, 2011

They call themselves, welcoming, clean, and modern! It is a jock, and it should be open to business. Rooms are not clean, food is terrible, service even worse

• Stayed May 2011
1 Thank paula_ward
Blackpool, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 24, 2011

Arrival no one at home envelope at front door with code for security door lock? Go thought door have to hunt for our room no indication/direction to room building split in two with poor internal labelling. Key in our room door. The Room: on suite bathroom was a shower room shaving mirror light dead, toilet roll holder fell off wall, door did not shut, flush on toilet had to be fixed, the bed side lamp did not work, the mattress was terrible poorest night for years, the bed cloths may have had clean but underneath dirty. Each day we came back owner/manage sprawled across guest lounge. Breakfast: cheap cereal not much choice toast was safest bet after seeing the small cocked breakfast that had hardly been cocked judging by the light pink colour of everything except for the hard cocked fried egg. They put some many customer cards up saying how good the place is hardly any room for breakfast: mind you one good thing i see the place is up for sale.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 13, 2010

The hotel is so tired, the bathroom is disgusting, the tiles in the floor are full of gaps between them, the mattress is the most uncomfortable I have ever tried to sleep on.-
The breakfast is also very poor and the people who run this business are not very friendly either with one exemption but unfortunately I cannot remember his name.- The only good thing is that they have free wifi and eventhough they do not have parking you can park without problem on the street.- If you go without car there is a bus stop almost at the door of the hotel but I heard that the service is not good and that there is not any bus on Sundays. A huge dissapointment, the pictures do not reflect the reality.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple