I was overall quite pleased with the Crescent Townhouse hotel. The hotel is in a fairly central location in Belfast between Victoria Street and Central stations although the street where it is located is not particularly pleasant, it's all full of pound charity shops.
The hotel is in a very nice building. When you first get in, you don't get a very good impression becaus the reception area is small and often unattended but the rooms are very spacious and well furnished. The main problem I found with the room was the size of the TV screen, the rooms are quite large and such a tiny screen placed right at the other side of the room makes very difficult viewing.
I had dinner at the hotel and was extremely pleased with the quality and presentation of the food. The breakfast was rather disappointing specially after such a fantastic dinner the evening before, I was certainly expecting much better and I found the choice to be rather poor. There were a few cereals that you could help yourself to and a menu with a few other items (eggs, porridge and fruit salad) that you could order. I ordered a fruit salad and had to send it back to the kitchen because it was old browing fruit. The poached eggs were almost hard boiled eggs which I was kind of glad about after seeing the condition of the fruit. The didn't have any herbal teas all their juices are from concentrate, so, not pleased with that but the rest was excellent value for money.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Tucked away in the heart of the bustling Queen's Quarter, the historic Crescent Townhouse Hotel and our friendly staff are ready to welcome you to Belfast where we will endeavor to make your stay as special and memorable as possible. This well-appointed boutique hotel has been carefully and thoughtfully designed to give a contemporary feel in a classic setting. It features traditionally decorated rooms with comfortable, modern amenities including a flat screen TV/DVD and free Wi-Fi. The lavish Suites are decorated in traditional Victorian style fitted with dark mahogany canopy beds, floral drapes, antique wing armchairs and a roll top bath and walk-in shower. A wide range of food is served at the hotel's restaurant, which includes specialties made with locally sourced ingredients. The breakfast, with many options to choose from, is served daily. You can choose to include the breakfast in your accommodation package or purchase it separately. Metro Bar offers a more relaxed welcome with a full bar food menu available every lunchtime and evening. The atmosphere is lively, warm and friendly and the famous Belfast banter goes on well into the night. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Orbitz, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Crescent Townhouse reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Crescent Townhouse Belfast
- Crescent Townhouse Hotel Belfast