“nice hotel very central”

The Crescent Townhouse
Ranked #27 of 43 Hotels in Belfast
carrickfergus
“nice hotel very central”
Reviewed August 27, 2012

stayed 11/8/12 for 1 night on the £99 package as a couple bed breakfast/ evening meal / two tickets for the empire across the road 20 steps from front door of hotel . staff very helpful and polite room clean great bath with plenty of hot water T V in room very small size of a computer screen eat in resturant food first class but waited 45 minuites after starter for main course to arrive but food worth waiting for over all i would return as this was a great hotel and the staff first class

Room Tip: as for a room with a bath
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (94)
Reviewed August 22, 2012

Fantasic hotel staff were great and very attentive had a lovely meal in restaurant a good choice on menú and got a glass of wine .would reccomend a stay rooms aré a bit dated but have cosy feel about them it is a old townhouse of course with a great bar and great restaurant .

• Stayed August 2012
1 Thank sarahjj42
Newcastle, co. down
Reviewed August 19, 2012 via mobile

Stayed here only one night thankfully. Problems started at check-in, smoking room was requested and confirmed by Email from booking agents but On arrival was told there were none left.
While getting ready to head out I noticed some small hairs (facial I assume) in the sink-as on a tight schedule decided not to waste time complaining and looking for another room as was told they were fully booked on check-in anyway.

Ater an enjoyable night out returned to hotel....it is quite close toa busy nightlife area but thankfully room was at rear and top of hotel so not bothered by noise but TV in room was very VERY small as mentioned by another reviewer....no more than 15" in size and screen too small to display broadcast I ages, ratios all off and cannot be resized, also all SKY channels blocked/unavailable, not even SKY one....looks like they're using SKY box system but not paying for ANY services so only able to view free to air channels.

Went down for breakfast next morning and was surprised to find they didn't do a buffet service like most other hotels but rather, according to the menu, made all breakfast to order fresh....nice touch I thought,was sorely disappointed!!

Firstly jugs of Orange and Pineapple juice were on counter sitting at room temp as well as jug of milk....did appear to be chilled slightly before being put out but not chilled while sitting there. Was told to help myself to cereal and take a seat and order from menu at table....cerel selection poor as only cornflakes, rice crispies or Alpen to choose from and all in small box portions....wouldn't fill a mouse so had to return for 2nd box to have acceptable portion.
Ordered the Fry with white toast....when it arrived beans were missing and had to wait for them then had to remind girl about toast which eventually came.

The Fry was terrible....only thing 'fresh' on my plate was the egg, Bacon was like shoe leather, potato and soda bread was dry from sitting too long in a heated cabinet somewhere and sausages were dried up from same type of storage I assume and the beans when they did arrive almost scalded the mouth of me, I assume they were 'nuked' in the microwave too long before being served to me.

I gave up and left the table barely touching anything, returned to my room to pack and leave and while doing so noticed other flaws with room more visible in daylight.....there were signs of MOLD on the walls in corner of room and another wall was stained/dirty....nothing a sponge and hot soapy water couldn't fix I'm sure-ten noticed a Joel in wall behind door, they went to the bother of fitting a door stop AFTER the damage was done to wall but never bothered to repair wall.

I finished packing and left to check out deciding to complain about experience....lady at reception was pleasant enough through check out process but failed to ask if I enjoyed my stay or if everything was okay so AFTER she had taken payment and said her goodbyes I asked why she didn't ask if everything was okay with my stay to which she replied "Oh, didn't I?"
I notified her of the problems with the breakfast first, she seemed genuinely surprised and said she would 'mention' it to the chef. I then told her about the mould in the room to which she replied yes I know, we need to get maintenance to deal with that.....the room should NEVER be in use if not fit for use and in my opinion mould on the walls is a health hazard!!

She said they were due a refurb in the future, in this reviewers opinion stay clear until this refurb is carried out, if ever.

Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
JJ D, Manager at The Crescent Townhouse, responded to this review, August 24, 2012
Dear Rianlolo,

I am very disappointed to hear that your stay with us came with so many issues. As you’ll see by reading other reviews, this doesn’t represent a typical experience at The Crescent Townhouse. The staff has been made fully aware of your comments
and I will investigate your specific complaints further to see how we can improve our performance and all issues will be addressed. Although we will be
upgrading our facilities in the future, that shouldn’t have any impact on our current guest’s experience.

If you are willing, please email me at info@crescenttownhouse.com to discuss this matter in more detail. Once again, we are
sorry you weren’t satisfied with your visit to The Crescent Townhouse Hotel. Thank you for taking the time to contact us.

JJ Duff
General Manager @ The Crescent Townhouse
Ghent, Belgium
Reviewed July 29, 2012

Stayed in the Crescent Townhouse for 6 nights. The room and bathroom were spacious and equipped with a working station: very practical for I was on a business trip. Breakfast is prepared for you on the spot, meals in the Metro restaurant are really good and not expensive at all. Service is excellent, people are incredibly friendly and helpful.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Anneleen_12
Perth
Reviewed July 23, 2012

Room was good apart from the miniscule tv - about the size of a laptop!!! we were under B&B with meal in restaurant for £89. Meal was main course with glass of wine with payment for all extras so with starters and sides etc it cost us £120. Food was fantastic and really good service. Bill was confusing the next morning - but all was in order. would really recommend going to the restaurant for the early bird. 1 course and wine £10 or 2 courses with glass of wine £15.

Room Tip: Ask for a room to back of hotel for less noise - didn't bother us but if you were a light sleepe...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank rosieclancy
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed July 18, 2012

We checked in with friends for a weekend overnight stay and we disappointed with the standard of the room as it looked shabby and when i pulled back the covers to have a lie down there was public hair and snot on the sheets - totally disgusting, obviously the bed had not been changed. We asked for a clean room and were moved to a more comfortable room but overall I thought the place was worn and dated. We ate in the hotel and all four of us ordered steaks which were very poor (meat very tough) and everything was at extra cost i.e. pepper sauce, side order etc - service was slow and poor. The next morning when we checked out the bill was very confusing (not divided clearly bertween room anf restaurant etc), I paid and left to have breakfast (we decided to eat somewhere else after bad experience night before). I then went back to the hotel reception to query the bill and there was no one there, the sign at reception said to go to the bar if no one at reception, both the bar and restaurant were closed and I waited about 10 minutes but there was no one to speak to, so we left. The hotel is on a noisy street and although close to the nightlife on Botanic, if you want a peaceful rest, a good meal or a clean bed I would advise you to stay elsewhere. I certainly would'nt return.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
JJ D, Manager at The Crescent Townhouse, responded to this review, August 3, 2012
Dear Silemary,

We are disappointed that your experience at the Crescent Townhouse has not met with our own very high standards. Please be assured that your comments have been brought to the attention of our Housekeeper and Restaurant Manager and we are checking to see what happened during your visit. As you’ll see by reading other reviews here, this doesn’t represent a typical experience at The Crescent Townhouse.
We truly pride ourselves on both our restaurant and our rooms, as well as attentive customer service, so it is always concerning to hear when we don’t meet a guest’s expectations. If you are willing, please email me at info@crescenttownhouse.com to discuss this matter in more detail.

Once again, we are sorry you weren’t satisfied with your stay at the Crescent Townhouse,
JJ Duff
General Manager @ The Crescent Townhouse
Newry, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 8, 2012

Amazing again meal breakfast and empire suite out of this world you must stay here.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple