“Brilliant!” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #14 of 43 Hotels in Belfast
Rochdale, Lancashire
“Brilliant!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 28, 2014

I stayed here due to a competition at Queens University, for 2 nights (24th-26th January). The reception staff were lovely. Very professional but chatty and welcoming.

I was very impressed with the decor and style of the room. It is very large, modern and had all the mod cons you would ever need. The only let down is that our Ipod docking station didn't work! We really wanted to use this whilst getting ready. (It was definately not working as a friend of ours in the other room who used his regulary came and checked we was doing it right). The shower was lovely and powerful and the bed was extremley comfortable.

The breakfast was of a high standard. There was a table with contintental options (cereals, fruit, juices and toast) and a menu were you could order a full breakfast. I cannot fault anything available.

On the Friday night we ate in the bar and that also was of a beautiful standard. I had pate to start and salmon for my main. You also got a bottle of wine between 2 for £15 per person. It was lovely and a very reasonable price.

The bar was really lively and had some good offers (2 cocktails for £6, 3 bottles of Bud for £5.50). However, other drinks were VERY expensive, so I would stick to the offers available. The bar staff were REALLY slow on the Sat night and it would take well over 5 minutes for them to make a cocktail. We learnt to order our drinks when we were half way through the one we already had!

Overall I would definately recommend and return!

Room Tip: The bar can be quite loud on a Saturday night - request a room on the 2nd floor if you want an early...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (125)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Belfast, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 28, 2014 via mobile

Having seen this hotel on laterooms.com at a very reasonable price, my boyfriend and I decided to stay at the beginning of January. We couldn't believe how beautiful the room we got was and how pleasant the staff were. We decided to stay another night where we had a delicious breakfast included each morning. Having enjoyed it so much we decided to stay again but we're put in a more cramped dark room. Being claustrophobic myself I didn't feel comfortable so we asked to move to another room. This was no trouble for the staff and we had a beautiful airy room within 5 minutes. A highly enjoyable stay and we will definitely be back!

Stayed January 2014
Belfast, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 8, 2014

My partner and family stayed over Sat 28th December , as usual the room was excellent staff excellent but we were let down by the meal three of us had steak which was hardly edible > a
pity as everything else was 1st class even the breakfast was 1st class ::

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Dublin, Ireland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 7, 2014

My wife and I stayed here recently for B&B having got a very good rate on Lastminute.com.
We were very pleasantly surprised by the quality of the hotel!
Positives:
- Room was large and lovely
- staff very welcoming and efficient
- tasty breakfast
Minor negatives:
- on street parking only
- room was cold when we arrived since A/C only works when the room is occupied.... Took a bit of time to warm up.
Major negatives:
- absolutely none! :-)

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank donalmcc
Ireland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 5, 2014 via mobile

I have just returned from spending one night here with my husband. I had two nights initially booked with a specific company but needed to amend this to one night due to family bereavement. I was left on hold on phone for a half hour, no success. I rang hotel directly who said she would sort it. She rang me back to say that she had no success either and that I should cancel booking totally and book directly with them for the same rate which I did.
Check in at hotel was super efficient and friendly. Foyer seemed small and cluttered. Rooms were lovely, spacious , v modern and a huge comfie bed. Dinner in Claudines was tasty and good value. Lovely guy playing guitar in background. Breakfast was cooked to order and was top dollar also. All staff we met especially those front of house were super nice.
Internet wifi was non existant in bedrooms it was available in public areas. Parking is available on the streets. It is free but I was not comfortable with having my southern registered car on the street overnight.
The hotel is v close to Queens university and the botanic gardens which are worth a visit as is the Ulster museum which is also close by. It is a good 20 min walk into town. We went to see the titanic exhibition which was brilliant.
So overall lovely stay , but not quite full marks due to public areas let down, lack of secure parking and poor wifi coverage. I would stay here again though as the price was competitive.

• Stayed January 2014
Bristol, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 4, 2014 via mobile

I overnighted here, arriving to a warm welcome from reception and restaurant staff alike. My room was big, clean, stylish and super comfy. Dinner was reasonably priced, and the pork belly was cooked beautifully, hearty and satisfying, all it needed was some accompanying greenery (beans or cabbage) to finish it off. Breakfast was also very good, cooked to order with plenty to help yourself to from the buffet, including lots of fresh fruit. All round a great hotel at a good price. It puts London hotels to shame. Keep it up Dukes, I look forward to coming back.

Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
jeddah
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 1, 2014 via mobile

Myself and my wife stayed here for 4 days bringing in the new year. The hotel staff were very helpful and couldn't do enough for you, the brasserie and bar was reasonable and food was good quality. Our room was fantastic staying in a suite the bed was massive and very comfy, the only downside is the walk into the town centre, a taxi ride is in order. All in all a lovely time was had.

• Stayed December 2013