Park Avenue Hotel
Malmaison(Belfast)
Bullitt Hotel(Belfast)
  • Breakfast included
  • Restaurant
All reviewsthe marco pierre white restaurantcity airporteast belfastulster fryjacuzzi bathclose to the airportjunior suitefollowing morningnight porterbar foodtaxi ridebusiness triplovely roomlovely hotelhotel barcooked breakfastsaturday night
FilterAll languages
Reviewed January 17, 2011

My husband and I were married at the Park Avenue on 31st December 2010 - it was amazing! We knew we wanted to be married on New Year's Eve which limited our venue choices but we could not have opted for a better hotel. Stephen was fantastic - a perfect mix of professional and friendly, he ensured the day ran smoothly and every one of the staff were excellent. The room looked beautiful and they had no issues with us dressing it oursleves (although they offered to help with anything we needed). The meal was delicious, was served efficiently and the staff couldn't have been more helpful. One of our guests told us at the wedding that they weren't able to eat the main course or vegetarian option and was offered anything she'd like off the menu. My husband and I were really happy with our junior suite, it was beautiful, and we intend to return for a stay this year. Most of our guests stayed over the night of the wedding and the hotel set us up a huge table for the guests morning. We were really pleased to hear every one of our guests support our thoughts that the staff are amazing, the rooms beautiful and the food excellent. I cannot recommend the hotel highly enough for a weekend getaway or a fantastic wedding reception.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 22, 2010

I spent last Saturday night in The Park Avenue Hotel on a weekend trip to Belfast. We found it quite difficult to find the hotel as it isn't right in the centre of Belfast but once we located it we were very happy with our choice of hotel.
Check in staff were helpful and pleasant to deal with and the decor of the hotel and our room was very nice. Room met all our needs with free wi fi, plenty of tv channels, an extremely comfortable bed and nice bathroom.
We had a drink in the bar before going to the restaurant and the staff were very helpful even bringing us in menus from the restaurant and booking us in for dinner while we enjoyed our drinks.
The food in the restaurant was lovely with a good selection and reasonable prices and the breakfast the following morning was very nice.
We used their fitness suite on the Sunday morning which was a small room with a treadmill, cross trainer, bike and rowing machine. This was perfect for us as we were the only ones using it.
All in all a very nice stay but perhaps a liitle far out if you are planning a night out in Belfast.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 9, 2010

We recently visited Belfast for the first time and decided to stay at the the Park Avenue. I picked the hotel from the internet and thought I was getting a great deal. It is listed as a 4star and we decided to upgrade to a Junior Suite as reccommmed by staff that this was the best. My husband and I booked the 2 night shopping break which was to include dinner on one evening and breakfast on both mornings. I was told the restaurant was fine dining and the quality of the food excellent.
Needless to say I was looking forward to getting away and enjoy the fine dining on the Saturday night. What a Let down...... the food was terrible and the service appalling. Our menu included a set menu which is fine, but we had to pay supplement for beef or steak and salad. I ordered the fillet steak and mu husband ordered the sirloin and both were terrible. I had asked for medium/well but not over coooked mine came out crispy and my husbands similar. i ordered salad, which I was paying extra for and he forgot to bring to the table and at the end of the meal when he finallly remembered he said i wont charge you for that ! ok I thought. Deserts were very disapointing and I had to aske for my tea a second time. The following morning breakfast came and I returned my RAW bacon to be cooked, the waitress took my entire plate of food away so whilst my husband ate I had nothing in front of me. What returned to me from the kitchen was disgraceful I couldn't eat, again we said nothing and left. That night we wanted to order some room service, the hotel book said they served till 8.30 we rang and were told the chef had finished and we couldn't get anything - was this a 4 star hotel ?????? disgraceful. I kicked up a fuss and was given a pannini, chips and salad. That night we went to the bar for a drink and found it closed since 10pm. The following mornig we went for breakfast before 10am and we were then told the dining room had closed at 9.30am. When I questioned this I was told it closed at 9.30 week-days, we were told 10am on arrival and nothing about Monday being any different. On top of this we had the junior suite where a jacuzzi and TV were in the batroom so I decided I would sample both and had to turn the tv vol to 99 to hear the sound over the mind boggling noise from the jacuzzi, so what should've been relaxing was a loud nightmare. At this stage we had enough, we complained at reception to a very nice young lady who said she would talk to someone and would see us when we were checking out. Acknowledging, that we had not had a good experience overall.
When we got to check out we were told by same nice girl that she had spoken to MELANIE and that if we wrote in she would look into it............ Had Melanie a glass ball I wondered that she could look at ??? this lady is supposedly management. I say supposedly as you would expect to be dealt with in a professional manner after paying the best part of 300.00 sterling in these recession times. When I said it was simply not good enough same nice girl went off looking for someone, who all happened to be in the usual meetings and left us standing at the desk wihtout our change after taking our money. In total DISGUIST we left, I WOULD SINCERELY NOT ADVISE ANYONE TO STAY AT THIS HOTEL.

Stayed: November 2010, traveled as a couple
4  Thank cork021
Reviewed November 4, 2010

I picked this hotel off the internet and it seems I made a good choice! A warm welcome and efficient check in with very helpful staff. The room was beautifully decorated with attention paid to small details such as wiping fingerprints off the glass top table every day.

The food in the restaurant was wondrful, well presented and not over facing and the staff could not do enough for me. I am due back in Belfast at the end of November and will not hesitate to return to this hotel.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed October 30, 2010

I got married last year and we had our reception in the hotel.some of my family flew over for the wedding and the staff were amazing and so accommodating!every small quierie we had was answered straight away and we had the most amazing day.
we are heading back for our first anniversary and can't wait!!!

• Stayed: November 2009