“Excellent Hotel”
Review of Park Avenue Hotel

Park Avenue Hotel
Ranked #30 of 46 Hotels in Belfast
Reviewed March 26, 2009

My partner and I stayed here on 21st march for 1 night, we stayed in this hotel as we were going to the Snow Patrol Concert, We had initally booked to stay in the Hilton Hotel but the Hilton had overbooked and put us in another hotel; , I didnt like the hotel The Hilton had put us into so i found the Park Avenue Hotel and i coulnd't fault this hotel at all, it was in a good location. The Rooms were big, we stayed in a Junior Suite, It was a super Queen size bed which was fabulous, we ate in the bar on Saturday night and the food was excellent,. the best I've ever had and i like to eat out.
Absolutel Excellent hotel, would recommend this hotel to anyone. Also must point out it was very reasonably priced.

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank High_Maintenance26

Reviewed March 9, 2009

When I arrived at the airport to find an advertisment telling me that it was the closest to the airport I was a little worried that it would be nothing more than a travel lodge, but I have to say I was very pleasently surprised at the quality of this hotel.

Very efficient check-in and out, prompt service whenever I needed anything, which wasn't much other than to order taxis.

The room was excellent, clean and comfortable with wireless access, the largest bed I have ever slept in!!!

The bar was friendly and food OK, didn't try the restaurant in the evenings but it does have a good reputation locally.

Breakfast very good, Soda Bread, and Wheaten bread needs to be tried to be believed, and the staff helpful and friendly.

The only downside is the location, being a few miles out of town, it feels a little isolated. Maybe better in the summer when it will be easier to explore, I walked to Stormont one night, down to the Titanic Docks the next and spent an evening in the Crown Inn in the centre of Belfast, all I can recommend.

A couple of local restaurants deserve a mention, the Bistro on the corner across the road (Bennets) and the Gourmet Burger Bank both superb.

• Stayed: February 2009, traveled on business
1  Thank SteveBMidlands_UK
Reviewed March 4, 2009

Stayed for one night on business and I loved it. Gorgeously decorated through out. Staff were friendly and helpful. My room was fab, flat screen tv, desk and the best bed I've slept in! We ate in the bar area which was busy and vibrant, food was good too.

• Stayed: February 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed December 6, 2008

Stayed here for four nights for a wedding and to see family.
Newly decorated throughout and renovated rooms, some areas still in progress such as the bar but not a problem. The cleanest and most well organised bathroom I have ever had in a hotel. Well done!
Breakfast well cooked and filling. A good start to the day.
Parking good, additional car park just finished, makes a vast difference. Have stayed here previously but the recent works are an improvement. Rooms warm and clean. Beds big and comfortable.
A good, central base for Belfast without the hassle of driving through the city. Five minutes from the City airport- Ryanair.
Could not be more convienient.

• Stayed: December 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 5, 2008

Stayed three nights on a 'three nights for two' deal. We had a standard room which had been recently refurbished. The decor was modern but not stark. It wasn't the most spacious of rooms but we only slept there so this wasn't an issue. The bed was very comfortable, although we will probably bring our own pillows next time as they were most uncomfortable slabs of hard foam - OK for some but a pillow menu would have been nice. The immaculate bathroom was a pleasure to use. Breakfasts were served in the restauarant and we had perfectly cooked poached eggs - often a measure of the breakfast quality. There was a good choice of dishes. Parking was convenient if you managed to get a space in front of the hotel which we did on every occasion. There are a number of alternative eating places nearby if desired. The hotel is convenient to the city centre by car, bus or taxi. I recommend it and will certainly stay there again. For price it couldn't be beaten at this standard on the weekend we stayed.

• Stayed: October 2008, traveled as a couple
1  Thank bjh1
Reviewed October 16, 2008

I live locally and booked the Park Avenue for a three day residential conference in September for 35 colleagues from several different countries. I chose to stay in the hotel myself to be close to my colleagues.

The room I was given was recently refurbished, airconditioned, large and well equipped with iron, tea/coffee making facilities and flat screen tv. The bathroom was spacious and even had a tv above the bath taps. My colleagues all had recently refurbished rooms, most were of a more standard size but the several I saw were all well equipped and well furnished and decorated. All rooms seems to have been recently refurbished to a high standard.

Conference rooms allocated to us were as requested and everything went exactly as planned with the management. Teas/coffees, meals etc were always exactly on time. We ordered our meals from the cheaper bar menu, food was always of a high standard, well presented. All the delegates were most impressed.

We found the staff to be friendly, helpful and efficient and have nothing but praise for the excellent service we all received over the course of our three day conference. We have booked again for next year.

The Park Avenue is not in the city centre but it is close to Belfast City Airport, about 5 minutes in a taxi. The hotel is smaller, friendly and perhaps more homely than larger Belfast Hotels. If you want a smaller hotel, not in the city centre this is worth a look.

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled on business
1  Thank HarryG_Belfast
Reviewed October 10, 2008

Review based on an Executive Double room.

A link to room photos;

• Using the hotel for an anniversary getaway, we opted for an Executive Double room, as it boasted luxury and style for a very reasonable price of £129, although I believe this price can change slightly based on dates.
• Upon arrival, we had our room key and were in our room within 5 minutes and the receptionist was friendly and helpful.
• The room itself was reasonably spacious, as can be seen from the photos, and nicely decorated. The large mirror on the wall, and the slightly smaller one in front of the dresser added more depth to the room too.
• The air conditioning worked well and maintained a cool, light atmosphere in the room with practically no sound.
• The egg chair and footstool by the window were very comfortable. Perfect for sitting in to read.
• The bed itself was large and spacious, ample room for three people even! The mattress was topped with memory foam which really added to the comfort of the bed, along with the large, soft yet supportive pillows. There was also a long pillow to give back support whist sitting up to watch T.V on the flat screen LCD T.V opposite the bed (which had Freeview.)
• One feature which wasn’t mentioned on the hotels website is that the alarm clock beside the bed has a dock on top to connect an iPod, which came in very useful.
• The rest of the features were delivered as promised (bathrobes, hairdryer, ironing board and iron etc.)
• The room was quiet, with no disturbance from other guests at all.
• In the bathroom, the bath was large and comfortable, and the Jacuzzi jets made for a great experience whilst watching television. The speakers for the television are in the roof above the bath, so the sound quality was excellent, although it did need to be up quite high as the jets in the bath were rather loud.
• Having said that, when out in the bedroom with the door closed, the bath and the loud television are barely audible, which was great.
• The mirror in the bathroom also appeared to be fogless mirror.
• There was also a heated towel rack with thick, fresh smelling towels.
• The shower was very spacious and featured a very large, high up head for the water to pour down, and also a small, more powerful detachable head.
• There were the usual products in the bathroom; Shampoo, shower gel, body lotion, little soaps, but no conditioner!
• When using the concierge service, the staff was fast and friendly (for things like extra towels and room service drinks.)
• When we decided to eat, we chose to eat in the bar instead of the restauraunt. When we went in our drink orders were almost immediately taken, and quickly received. Whilst waiting for our drinks, our food order was taken. The menu itself offered many meals ranging from salads to Panini and steak pie and chips to chargrilled chicken in white wine and mushroom sauce, and very reasonably priced.
• The food arrived in a good time as the bar was rather quiet. The food was delicious. The potatoes and chips were fresh and piping hot, and the portions were adequate. There was also the added convenience of having the meal put on to our room bill, so no need to pay there and then.
• The hotel also offers a gym, open from early to late.

Overall, our stay was very enjoyable and we would highly recommend this establishment and its services to anyone.

• Stayed: October 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)