“Fab”
Review of Park Avenue Hotel

Park Avenue Hotel
Ranked #29 of 45 Hotels in Belfast
Reviewed March 4, 2012

Great hotel... Couldnt fault it at all... Staff were lovely... Especially Elaine at the reception... She couldnt have done enough for us and made a genuine effort with us every time we went past... Would definately stay again oh and breakfast was beautiful

Room Tip: Room 208 (fairytale suite) Upgrade an extra £30 for junior suite
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple

Reviewed March 4, 2012

The girls on the desk were excellent gave us directions by phone,very friendly and easy to chat with.hotel was fantastic brilliant views from our room,very comfy bed adjustable heating and gorgeous decor. we had a beautiful meal and the breakfast was lovely couldn't have asked for more restraunt and bar staff were also very welcoming will be back to stay.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 17, 2012

Stayed here for a conference on a Sunday and Monday night. Check-in was smooth. Plenty of choice and generous breakfast. Bar was busy both nights. Room was small but comfortable and bathroom was clean.
Two blips. Taxi ordered by reception for my companion on Sunday night for Monday morning did not arrive, had to be re-ordered and left her late. On check out receptionist tried to charge me for the room despite it having been prepaid. Quickly resoved though.
Would stay again and recommend.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed February 8, 2012

After our flight was delayed due to bad weather, we stayed overnight at Park Avenue. We were not in a very good place emotionally as we had just returned from a family funeral, but from the moment we stepped into reception we received a warm welcome from the staff there, it seemed that nothing was too much trouble & were happy to go out of their way even though they had no idea of our family situation. Our room was spotless, very comfortable & had all the facilities that we needed at hand. After the first restful night sleep I have had in ages we went to the dining room for breakfast where we found the service to be excellent, best I have ever received in any hotel! The scottish lady (didn't get her name) was warm, welcoming & very naturally friendly - kept checking that we were happy & ensured we had enough to eat/drink. I watched her do this with the other diners & realised that she was really enjoying herself & genuinely loves people - what a gem! The food was clean, well cooked,delicious. At reception, Gemma was very helpful & checked that we were booked on the correct flight, that the schedules were on time & saved us a long wait at the airport. I would definately stay at the Park Avenue again, hopefully under happier circumctances. Big thank you to all the staff there for shining a light during a time of darkness!

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank LaneynSimon
Reviewed February 2, 2012

I arrived late evening to find a very warm welcome from a naturally engaging receptionist with great rapport building skills. I was fully advised of my room booking details and offered the option to upgrade which I did - to a superbly furbished Executive room. The top floor room was sumptious, spotlessly clean and for the additional £20 it was out of this world amazing value! The bed was extremely comfortable, the bedding crisp and clean, and I had a great night's sleep with no external noise disturbance -this despite facing onto the main road.

The service in the bar and restaurant was again first rate, warm and welcoming.

The overall feel of a friendly family owned hotel, with all the comforts of a major top end chain, has spurred me into a further booking of 3 nights in mid April, and an upgrade to an Exec Room once again!

I cannot recommend this hotel enough to both the business traveller and tourist alike.

Room Tip: Top Floor an oasis of peace!
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed January 30, 2012

We stayed in this hotel several times before as they do a 3 for 2 weekend offer. The staff are friendly and helpful, the food is good, the rooms are modern and clean and the location is excellent for going into Belfast and it is only a short distance from the airport.

Room Tip: I always ask for an airy room as I have asthma. Our room had a double and single bed in it and was v...
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 27, 2012

I have stayed here now on four occassions for business and each time has been great! All of the staff, without exception are helpful and friendly and the hotel is clean, well furnished and well laid out.

I have eaten in both the resturant and on-site bar and both are lovely. The bar meals offer great value for money and the food is of resturant standard (last nights 'five spice cod with pea puree mash' was delicious!). Breakfast is always good and despite trying to stick to my diet, once again I gave in to temptation and went for the Ulster Fry - worth every calorie!

If you are looking for a good value hotel in Belfast I cannnot recomend this one highly enough - I willl definitely be back.

Room Tip: The third floor rooms are nice and quiet.
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business