“nice wee place so it was”

Travelodge Belfast Central
Ranked #33 of 43 Hotels in Belfast
Olsztyn, Poland
“nice wee place so it was”
Reviewed February 11, 2011

How for local people saying - nice wee place so it is? Is were right - nice wee place so it was.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
MikeGatt, Manager at Travelodge Belfast Central, responded to this review, February 13, 2011
Hello Happy Martin,

Thank you for posting your comments on Tripadvisor. I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us and found the Hotel to be a happy place. Take care and we hope to see you again soon.

Mike Gatt.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (118)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Enniskerry, Ireland
Reviewed January 30, 2011

the staff were great in this hotel. I had stayed in Rathmines Travelodge with family and thought to try this one for the business trip. Comfortable clean rooms, easy to find your way around. good location in town and better for the can do attitude of the people working there, really made the business trip I didn't want to make, worthwhile. fefinately recommend this place.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business
MikeGatt, Manager at Travelodge Belfast Central, responded to this review, January 31, 2011
Hi Padraig,

Thanks for taking the time to post your comments on Tripadvisor. It is always good to get guest feedback and its nice to hear you enjoyed your time with us. We at Travelodge Belfast look foward to seeing you on your next stay here with us.

Reviewed January 16, 2011

If you are thinking of staying here then this review has been worth writing the hotel location is perfect it's clean and the staff are helpful. I included breakfast in our booking but slept in so they made us lovely French toast witch was not even on the menu

• Stayed January 2011
MikeGatt, Manager at Travelodge Belfast Central, responded to this review, January 24, 2011
Hi Luigi 1234

Thank you for posting your comments on Tripadvisor, As you have stated our location in fantastic and we are delighted you enjoyed your stay with us. We look forward to seeing you on your next trip to Belfast.

Reviewed January 16, 2011

This was excellent value for money! The rooms were very clean and the staff were friendly and very helpful! The location is fantastic, in the heart of the city centre and we will definatly be back!!

• Stayed January 2011
Hi Jas-xo,

Thank you fro taking time to post your comments on Tripadvisor. We look forward to seeing you on your next trip to Belfast.

Coleraine, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 1, 2011

I booked into the travelodge as it was central and close to the bus station. I had read reviews on trip advisor and it seemed to be good. I arrived after a long day travelling in the cold. we had to get up very early the next day to go to the airport so I asked if they could give us a wake up call (as the reception was 24hr), but the receptionist told me they didnt provide that service! When we got to the room the window was wide open and the room was freezing. It was minus 10 outside! We closed the window and switched on a very small heater and went out to the shop hoping the room would heat up. We also rang reception to ask for extra blankets as it was cold and the quilts were very small and thin. The receptionist said she would see what she could do later, as she was there on her own. When we returned there was such a draught coming through the window the heater had made no difference. also due to the gap in the window it was very noisy and sounded like the window was open. I asked to change rooms and the receptionist offered us another room. It was smaller but no draught from the window so we moved rooms. We then decided to have a bath to try warm up and there was no warm water. We waited for an hour and tried again and the water was still freezing. I rang reception and asked was there some way of heating the water. She said they were having trouble in the whole hotel and she had rang for a maintenance person. I feel they could have let us know this when we checked in. So we had to wash our hands in freezing water during our whole stay and could not have a shower or bath. I would not return to this hotel and would not recommend anyone else I know to stay there either. It was not worth the £45.50 we paid and I feel it was of a very poor standard.

• Stayed December 2010
MikeGatt, Manager at Travelodge Belfast Central, responded to this review, January 3, 2011
Hi Sammyjoe25.

Please contact the Hotel to discuss this matter directly.

Mike Gatt.

Travelers are raving about these Belfast hotels

Lisbon, Connecticut
Reviewed December 31, 2010

When I arrived the lady was incredibly rude, and couldnt answer my questions. When I asked about wifi she scoffed at me. The room is tiny, not even enough space to open your suitcase. It is in a great location, but in my opinion, its still not worth it.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with friends
Hello CJDamien.

Please contact the Hotel directly to discuss this matter.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 31, 2010

Not as modern as other travelodges but I stayed for 3 nights (26th Dec-29th Dec) and it was fine for me travelling solo. No swipe card system at this hotel so felt less secure than others as once anybody got past recepetion they could roam about the hotel without the need to have a card to access each floor. I had a 3rd floor room which overlooked the square. The room itself was fine although as mentioned not a s modern as other travelodges. Excellent location, close to the city, bars, shops and the bus terminal. No electric heater in my room only a radiator which I did not seem to control. It seems the hotel decided when to put it on or switch it off which was not ideal. My only other niggle was no teaspoons in the room, only those wooden sticks/stirrers which often pierced the tea bag. Apart from that if you get the hotel at a good price like I did (£19 per night in a sale) then its good value. The man on the desk was most helpfull one morning with providing me with directions and a map into town.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled solo